Color filled Bersa lettering

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by slog, Nov 2, 2012.

1. slog

slog New Member

Filled in the lettering on my Bersa Thunder slide with some Testors enamel paint. Wanted to test it out on stainless before attempting on finished metals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

smokin' cool

3. slog

slog New Member

lol yeah I set up two packs of cigs to act like a sawhorse while I painted it so I didn't have to set the paint down while it dried

4. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice job. Testors is great stuff, I've used it for all kinds of detail work on metal and glass.

5. slog

slog New Member

Thanks. Was fairly easy and cheap. Costed about $10 for paint, brake parts cleaner. Followed this video. Figured I didn't have anything better to do today:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1hw4FLOtM&feature=related[/ame]

I did a few things different than this guy. I used brake cleaner for prep to remove oil residue. Also used my wife's hair dryer to speed up the drying process. Took about 20 minutes total. Did not use paint thinner at all. Also used brake cleaner on a rag to remove excess, instead of oil or thinner.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. francisarsenic

francisarsenic New Member

Slog, that's so cool. I gotta try that. I suppose I could use this on iron sights that lost the white color from the dots.

I guess it doesn't matter since I could always repaint, but do you know how durable this paint job is?

7. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

That really looks nice. Gold would also probably outstanding!

8. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Good job man, looks real nice

9. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I think it looks Great. You have given me some ideas for some of my own pistols. Thank you.

Does anyone know if this would help or hurt resale? I would think help as long as it did not coming out looking like a Mardi Gras float. What do you think?

10. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Good work, it looks really good. Are you gonna do the rest of the lettering or just that?