Colion Noir on 45 carriers

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ScottA, May 31, 2013.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

This is just too good.

[ame]http://youtu.be/po4nZTO3ES4[/ame]

Make sure you watch his take on 9mm carriers as well.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Can't say I'm a fan.

3. kellman20

kellman20 New Member

I thought it was hilarious. I carry a 9mm and his other video about 9 carriers is spot on as well. I find myself spouting off all this same rhetoric when anyone asks me why I carry what I do lol

4. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ballistic gelatin is not the same as human tissue, but anyone who thinks the terminal ballistics of the 9MM, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP vary all that much should take a look at some gelatin that's been shot with commonly available ammunition in each caliber.

If you're not blind, you'll note the uncanny similarity in the tracts left in the gelatin by all three rounds.

I have shot, owned, and carried various 9MM and .45 ACP pistols. The choice of my carry pistol eventually came down to how comfortable the pistol was to carry, how large the pistol was, how much the pistol weighed, and now it also involves the cost and availability of ammunition.

9MM ammunition is still less expensive than .40 S&W or .45 ACP, so I can afford to practice and train more.

For that matter, my 9MM Glock 17 with upgrades (tritium sights, SureFire X300, and laser) costs less than my Colt 1911.

Although there are plenty of internet snipers who never miss, I'm not one them. Seeing as how this is the internet, there are some who are going to argue the point, but hitting a stationary target on a flat one-way range isn't equivalent to taking fire and taking imperfect shots.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Very, very, very much agreed. Overstated and underwhelming on both concept and delivery.

6. rurak

rurak New Member

"That shiny rock that David killed Goliath with ........ it was actually a .45 round that fell out of Moses' pocket" HAHAHA

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I think his mama named him colon for a reason.
    Yea, I know I misspelled, but it's the thought that counts. :p

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

This isn't the first time I've seen Scott post and boast a video by this guy. Beginning to think Scott is Colon brain here...

9. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Supposedly that's not even his real name. For security reasons.

10. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

Haha I liked them both, the 9mm one was pretty good

11. jackrich3

jackrich3 Well-Known Member Supporter

I would defer to those whose very lives depend on an effective sidearm, such as the Marines, who are gravitating back to the .45 ACP. Must be a reason.

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

Guess this debate will never go away. If it's stopping power you want, carry a rifle. An AK with a folding stock or the AR "pistol" with no stock, just the recoil spring tube on a single point sling under your coat. Ammo capacity wouldn't be a problem either. Seriously, I've got both 45's and 9's, like them both, trust either/or with my life. MHO? If I can't stop the threat with a 9, I couldn't stop it with a 45 either. That's on me and my skills, not the rounds I'm putting down range.

13. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

*Serious Question* I'm not trying to start something. Are they going back to the 1911 platform or are they going back to the .45 ACP? The very few marines I've talked to all agreed their standard issue Baretta was a POS. I don't remember any of them saying anything bad about the 9mm, just that the pistol shooting it wasn't the best.

14. Donn

Donn Active Member

It's true. The USMC is going back to the Colt 1911 in .45acp. I don't know it it's the whole Corps or just Force Recon initially. On a separate but related note, the Army renewed their contract with Beretta for 5 more years.