Cold weather Everyday gloves

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Dec 9, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok I need a new pair of gloves for everyday ware It is cold out and I am a sissy when it comes to the cold.

What are you guys wearing for everyday gloves?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That ain't being a sissy, that is taking care of your good shooting digits.

it was 12 degrees when I got outside this morning! And yeah, I know you bastards have it colder there, but you don't live in the PNW where we have a lot of moisture in the air. 12 degress here is COMPLETELY different from 12 degrees in Montana. :eek:

We got NO SNOW and all the bone chilling cold to go around, so I too would like a nice pair of gloves that I can still do normal activity in.

JD

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I don't spend money on name brands. I found a nice rough leather lined work glove at Home Depot for 12 bucks. Seldom used since I hate wearing gloves.

4. Jess

Jess New Member

i wear mittens..big fluffy mittens. On me its cute..on you guys well maybe not so much

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I think Tango could pull off mittens.
    Kind of a South Park sort of look.
    :D:D

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Duluth Trading Company has a glove for every need, but go big, as their stuff tends to run small.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I forgot to add. That I need to be able to dial a cell phone over and over while wearing them as well. At work I some how got the job of calling for the buses in the afternoon when they get to the school. So lined leather work gloves are not going to work.

I seen some decent under armour gloves at dicks but I wasn't about to pay $40 for them.

9. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Are you implying that I would not be attractive in mittens? You should be ashamed! :mad:

10. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

I've been wearing the Isotoner Spandex/Fleece gloves in the winter, specially if I need to be able to do things with my fingers (aka - dial the cell phone).

They're light, well made, thin enough to not get in the way (or snag on a trigger ;)), yet they are plenty warm enough when you are outside.

No, they aren't going to do you much good in a snow ball fight or for making snow men, but they do have models that range from water resistant to water proof, and some with Thinsulate if you need more warmth.

Most department stores carry them, and they usually run up to $20, maybe a little more for the fancier ones.

11. Jess

Jess New Member

considering you only wear a thong most days I can see how you would need the mittens...do you put them on your hands?

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Yes, on my hands. Otherwise what's the point of the thong? ;)

13. Jess

Jess New Member

I thought your tenders might get cold....but maybe they just turtle?

14. suprdave

suprdave New Member

On cold days, I have an "innie".

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OMG How did I know someone (DAVE and JESS) would figure out a way to bring in men in thongs and images I just want to bleach from my dam brain.

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Seirus All Weather Gloves - Men's at REI.com

I've got those gloves and I really like them. If you have access to a BX/PX store on a military base they sell them for 20.00, I don't know if I would pay 35 for them. They are not waterproof like they claim, they are water resistant but stop the wind very well and allow for dexterity enough for me to mess with the radio in my car, I have a touch screen cell phone so that won't work.

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find gloves to fit paws? I have only had a couple of pairs of leather gloves in the last 25 years because most simply don't fit. I guess most guys with big hands have stumpy sausage fingers. My fingers are at least an inch longer than 99% of the 2 XL gloves I have tried on.

Because I have to do all my work w/o gloves, I have built thermal barrier callouses that keep my hands warm.

18. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I hope you have a mental image of me in a backwards thong. Try to sleep tonight!

19. suprdave

suprdave New Member

They call me....ThreadKilla!!!!

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

December 9th, 2009, Coral Springs FL (FT. Lauderdale);

High Temp (or current temp @ 16:10 hrs) 87.1ºF [eat your hearts out rust belt!]

[​IMG]