Cold Steel Paradox

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Mark F, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Out of the blue, my wife hands me a small box and says I haven't had a new toy in a while. To my surprise.. I got this Cold Steel Paradox. I'm gonna have to keep this Lady...

Attached Files:

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

You have a keeper there. Actually two, the wife and the knife.

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Cool knife.

Now what did she get for herself???

4. Mark F

I'm scared to find out!

5. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

:eek: Your wife got you that?

Your wife is awesome....

6. nyb631

nyb631 New Member

i need a wife that is like that.... and wow she is a keeper!!!!

but as said b4 what did she get....

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Springs keep that closed, correct?

8. HunterMarksman338

Yup, this knife would suck in regards to draw out speed when you needed it quickly though :(.

9. Mark F

Yes, the spring keeps it closed so its mandatory to use two hands to open it up. That's why this knife is legal. However, simply remove the spring... and its a Balisong.

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ahhh, sooooo.

Now I gotta get one!

11. HunterMarksman338

You've done this? Now I've used a bali-song before but never took it apart. I would assume you had to unscrew the body of it to remove the spring. Hmmm.... now I'm tempted.

12. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I picked this up from someone who posted it on another forum

"Yes, I have done surgery on my Paradox and converted it to an easily operated Balisong style knife. It works just as good as an Arc-Angel or a Benchmade Balisong 42. The modification involves rounding off the flats where the leaf springs apply pressure to the blade. I used a simple Dremmel tool and fine 400 grit sand paper. Once the knife is disassembled, look at the blade where the pivot holes are located. Notice the flat areas where the spring applies pressure. The knife takes three opening steps, each is caused by a flat section which can be seen about the pivot. You want to leave the inner flat area between the pivot holes untouched since this is what the spring will use to lock the blade in the open position. All the rest can be rounded off with a small grinding bit. Once you have them properly shaped, polish the metal for a smooth fit against the springs. I advise doing the rounding in small steps so as not to remove too much metal. You want the springs to apply a light pressure, but not so much as to hinder the motion of slinging the handles open. You can trial fit the blade into each handle using just one handle side and spring. Fit the blade and try it. Remove more metal until the rotating movement is easy, then stop. Remember, you can always take more off, not put it back on! Good luck, it turns the Paradox into the knife it should have been."