Cold Steel Code 4

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JMAtactical, Aug 13, 2013.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Ok once again I come to y'all asking about the opinions of the group on a knife lol. I am probably going to buy a CS Code 4. It seems like the perfect knife for me. So what do y'all think about this knife

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I know nothing about knives, but I know TXPossum hates cold steel! Lol

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

They ain't my favorite either. Their bigger items like swords and clubs (what most people consider either the specialty line or novelty line, depending on their opinion) are often rebadged products from a different manufacturer, namely, windlass steelcrafts.

This automatically makes me wanna spit at the mention of their name.

It's one thing to market something as "made exclusively for (insert company name), by (insert different name)". But these guys market this as their very own product.

Now, I'm sure they either have permission to do this, or windlass is actually a subsidiary (or the other way around, but I think not), but this smacks of dishonesty to me.

If you read the pet peeve thread, you'll see one of my peeves: people who FU¢KING LIE to me. I hate them with a passion.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Oh, but that really only pertains to the company. I've handled many of their knives, and I consider the actual product right up there with Spyderco. Which is to say, IMO, great product, but a bit overpriced. People who like tacticool plastic stuff fall in love.

5. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I like Cold Steel products.

I've been to their HQ for a parking lot sale and saw their showroom.
    They have all their current products on display.

Then in the next room over is a fairly large taxodermy display of African animals.

Then down the hall you can see a dojo for weapon fighting classes. It was a nice setup.

After leaving the parking lot sale, my wife said she could "smell the testosterone in there".

6. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Then you must live by me. I am in SFV Cali right now lol. Dude I have never owned or even held a cold steel knife but all I hear from most serious users and collectors is that they are good but not the strongest in the world or whatever they claim. I am a BIG fan of AUS 8 steel and that's mostly what they use. So that being said I am going to try them out and hope that they make more than two models I don't consider childish lookin lol.

7. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Sigh. I give up. Yes, by all means, buy another CS product. Let's ALL go today and buy Cold Steel Knives . . . get a couple of extra to give as gifts . . . I LOVE Cold Steel. I'm even going to re-name my dogs San Mai and Aussie 8.

8. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

I own two of CS's knives. The SRK and Recon Tanto. Older Carbon V models that have done all sorts of work I wouldn't want to use my nicer knives on. They serve me as sharpened pry bars. That being said, the Code 4 is a folder and I don't know the quality of their folders. For the price point (60-70$ I think?) you might be able to find a different maker of equal or better quality.

As I live very near the Benchmade HQ I have had them sharpen my knives and replace screws, and do tune ups. They are good folk, care about their products - I know blah blah blah - another person that is hinting at going up in price.

What draws you do this particular knife? Blade style, the type of steel, price, Cold Steel name? I am sure it will cut anything you want it to. You certainly don't need to justify your reasons - just curious.

*San Mai would be a good name for a dog... An akita maybe?

Attached Files:

9. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I'm not sure what SFV stands for, but I'm currently stationed at LA AFB.

LOL
    Now we're talking. ;)

10. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Haha ok man whats wrong. Tell me why you dislike cold steel and as usual I will listen to you sir

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Ok what draws me to it is the perfect look and style in the 50$ range. I want a Tanto knife to carry that has a satin finish and a 3 1/2 to 4" blade. If you guys can help me pick my next one I will gladly move away from CS... Please help me lol