Col. Blades Knife

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Rentacop, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Anybody own one of these ?

towboater likes this.
  2. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Well-Known Member Supporter

No, and I wouldn't. The hole makes the knife weak, the handle angle is wrong. There is nothing new in the knife world, and knives that look like this are not popular because they don't work well. Buy a conventional knife, not a gimmick like this.

freefall, towboater and locutus like this.

3. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

My buddy, who is also one of my mentors and is the “real thing” just showed me two of them. These are NOT core an apple or slice your steak type knives. They are very specifically designed for one purpose and ONE purpose only, and they excel at it. That being said as a civilian if you “deploy” one of these you better have a really defensible reason and make damn sure they are legal in your neck of the woods.

OLD Ron, SGWGunsmith and towboater like this.
  4. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks like a very sensible design, and as posted above, and in the video, serves a specific purpose. Nice thick handle, built like a "tank". From my extensive knife experience, and from what pictures of the knives I've seen from the poster just above mine ( Wambli ), and the the designer/maker in Post #1, he has produced a well thought out product and his reasoning makes a whole lot of sense. I'd buy one. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    austin92 likes this.
  5. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

You say you would buy one. Will you?

BillDeShivs likes this.
  6. BVAL

BVAL Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll ask,,,,,,how much does it cost?

OLD Ron likes this.
  7. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

About $150 but I’ve seen “kits” for about $80. I also think the kits do not have the top edge sharpened mostly to comply with many local/state laws that prohibit double edged knives for carry by civilians but if you own a Worksharp that can be remedied in about 3 minutes, of course assuming that it’s legal for you to do so where you intend to own/carry the knife.

OLD Ron likes this.
  8. SGWGunsmith

^^^^Noticed that on their web-site.

Wambli and Rifling82 like this.
  9. SGWGunsmith

No, I bought two, one for me and one for you. What's your mailing address?

Wambli likes this.
  10. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

BTW if you’re in the market for something like that look at the Tops HKT knife. It was designed by a buddy of mine (one of my mentors) and it is a fighting knife with a more versatile design that is suitable to many different styles/techniques of knife fighting. And it’s built like a brick outhouse and it’s deceptively easy to hide!!!

8252C2AE-D903-4F43-8B95-C95D8A45DE0D.jpeg

towboater and OLD Ron like this.
  11. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I neither need nor want one. Dual wielding would be a good look for you.