Coffee...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Apr 26, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

They say Coffee is going up 12%...It's already crazy in price...I drink a cup every morning but I'm starting to drink soda more and soda is not good for you...Starbucks wants $3.00 dollars a cup already...You think gas is bad at $4.00 dollars a gallon.......:mad:

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Does anybody Percolate their coffee anymore??...I like mine with sugar only...

3. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I drink a carafe every morning :O... Coffee prices are hitting me. I don't go to Starbucks often, usually just make my own. You can get a bag of Peets or even Starbucks whole bean for around $10. That's enough to make thirty or so cups. Just need hot water and creamer..

4. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Both are still way cheeper than printer ink :)

5. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I hate Starbucks, but I travel alot and they have taken over every airport in the USA.But I gotta have my coffee.
    When home I still use a Sunbeam percolater, filled with Folgers Black Silk.
    Camp coffee is still the best, no matter what brand :)

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Scary to say this; but, I drink almost 1 to 2 pots of a day! No Starbucks coffee (not paying the price). :D (Love coffee); but, do not love the raise in price for coffee.

I usually get the Sunday and during week advertisement and sometimes has $1.00 coupon for Folgers plastic can of coffee! It helps cut the cost! Worst part is decaf is climbing higher than regular coffee!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  7. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

8. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

If you're in the Midwest some of the airports have Caribou Coffee. I like it WAY better than Starbucks.

I quit drinking pop almost two years ago (got to cheap to pay for it) and quit drinking alcohol a little over a year ago. So, I drink 2 - 3 pots of coffee a day now. From the time I get up, until I go to bed.

I buy the Seattle's Best (or San Francisco's Best something like that) French Roast at Costco. 3# for $12.99 IIRC.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Costco's Kirkland brand 100% Colombian is GREAT coffee and I think it's only $11.99 for a 3-lb. can. I give it a big thumbs-up.

10. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I agree on Coscos Kirkland great product. We are 100 miles from a Cosco but once a month we go down to Ogden, Utah. We pick up 4 cans.:D

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I might have to try it. We have a Costco in 3 locations in Albuquerque.

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Anybody try dunkin donuts coffee??...

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

not dark enough for me.

14. freefall

freefall New Member

I get San Francisco French Roast at Costco. 3# for $12. Lasts a LONG time. I drink 4-5 cups in morning.

15. Harleygunner

Harleygunner New Member

I do, drink about 2-3 cups every morning.
    I don't drink latte's, occasionally a mocha at "The Woods", a Starbucks type coffee house. Can't take Starbucks coffee, it always taste burned to me.
    I usually buy Tully's brand coffee at the store, has a good, strong flavor.

16. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

I'm too lazy to brew... Two words: Taster's Choice. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

17. Yunus

Yunus Active Member

I drink Flying Dog Coffee Stout.

That counts right?

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I drink mine a cup at a time. No more than 2 in a day.

I was turned on to Jet Fuel by M14sRock and a few others. I love that stuff. I also love Green Mt Coffee. They make good coffee.

I use a Keurig B60 1 cup brewer.

19. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Coffee prices are way high and now their going up again? Coffee was the one thing I was still free to drink as I please and now I'm going to have to start limiting myself....freakin Obama.

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Not so much to do with Obama as with weather conditions and other factors in the growing regions.