cobra

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lilrichthedragon, Aug 22, 2012.

1. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

Does anyone have any ex with the cobra ca series

2. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I had a Cobra Patriot 9mm. Other than a VERY HEAVY trigger pull I had no issues with it. Accurate, never jammed, went bang every time I pulled the trigger.

3. lilrichthedragon

Good to know. Picking it up for my wifes birthday today

4. lilrichthedragon

Well I got it yesterday and tried it out. Real heavy trigger. Gonna try to change that. But otherwise a fairly good pistol. Accurate safe a little heavy but I've found it help s with accuracy

5. lilrichthedragon

Had a couple of ftf and about 2 fte. I did a little sanding on feed ramp edges and trimmed off other end of firing pin. Sanded down edge of spring retractor as well. Might end up having to get a stronger recoil spring. Gonna see how it plays out

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

image-1840306284.jpg

Well???

7. lilrichthedragon

Well this isn't mine its my wifes and that's why its pink. Ill take some pics on the work I did to it but im using tulla ammo so could be that but had the same issue with federal rounds. I dunno what's with the last round but it always fails to feed

Attached Files:

8. phildenton

phildenton New Member

could, possibly be the mag needs to be broken in. other than that some guns just behave in that manner and nothing you do will fix them, i had one like that, sold it after a few months. good luck with it and hope it works out ok.

9. lilrichthedragon

I sanded the feed ramp smooth. Cobra had painted that pink too. I think that was doing most of it. It feeds good now except the slide spring has gotten weak. Every 15 rounds I have to push the slide to close the chamber. Not one jam with with federal rounds. Last round always jams with the tulla

10. lilrichthedragon

I've heard that mostly all pocket pistols are prone to jamming

11. lilrichthedragon

Anyone know where any 6 round mags for the 380 version are. I've looked on even site including ebay and cobra home site

12. phildenton

phildenton New Member

How much was the cobra itself? Could they be one of those guns only good as a last ditch choice? Have you looked at keltec, are they more reliable?

13. lilrichthedragon

It was cheap and it was what my wife wanted. Heard enough bad stuff about kel tek

14. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

My Kel Tec is ugly and it hurts to shoot for prolonged periods, but I have big hands. That said, my wife loves ours and it's performed admirably in the year I've had it. 300 rounds maybe? Like I said, it's not a range friendly fun to fire pistol. But it's ultra concealable and light. Kel tec's CS sucks to deal with (I know on a mostly unrelated issue lol), but it's a decent enough American company. That said, so is Cobra, and they are made not far from my hometown here in Utah. It's too early for that mag to be failing though...

15. lilrichthedragon

Im sorry I didn't explain the situation fully. The mag did not fail. My hands ar medium to large size so the grips are way too short. I had just heard through youtube that there was a 6 round.380 mag w/finger rest so that's what im looking for

16. lilrichthedragon

So does anyone know where a mag with the finger rest could be found

17. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Send me some money and I'll drive down. It's about 60 miles away lol

18. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

That sounded sarcastic... Lol! Seriously though, I will be heading to Salt Lake in a couple of weeks, and I will see if being a local will make acquiring those any easier...

19. lilrichthedragon

Oh I apologize. Thought you were being smart