Cobra 9mm

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by deadsp0t, Apr 14, 2013.

1. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

image-2053412200.jpg

Bought this yesterday.. I know they have mixed reviews but for the money(included 40 hollow points) figured I'd take a shot on it.

Anyone own one? Did a quick search.. Found some opinions but no real experience

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Owned one a few yrs back-
    It is what it is ;)

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Take it you sold it? After owning and selling a few guns in my short time, I decided that I buy guns and keep'em. Figured I'd buy any in working order, unless I could trade for a better gun like I did with my Glock lol

Figured for $100 I couldn't go wrong????

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Most likely traded it- VERY seldom sell a gun-
    For $100 with ammo you did fine ;)

5. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Cool, thanks for the reassurance sir! :)

6. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Damn, that sounded snide lol seriously Hoss, your opinion is valued!

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You'd have to google but theres a place that sells parts dirt cheep & gave excellent service- I remember i had trouble with my extractor & ordered a couple. I'll try to remember but gittin old :eek:

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I took it as intended--I think :D

9. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Sweet! That'd be awesome! I'll prolly just run 15-20 rounds through it and lock it back up lol

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I couldn't ever imagine buying this gun. Just no practical use for it. Target gun? Home defense? Woods gun? Carry gun? That'd be four "nopes".

But so what? Sometimes whatever you find fun or interesting is worth throwing a little money at. Have fun with it.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  12. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Exactly, it's not good for much, maybe a little entertainment beside the river..
    At the rate things are going I'm of the mindset that almost ANY gun that fires that can be had at a fair price may be worth having in the future. Maybe one day it'll be trade bait lol

Cool, thanks Hoss! I keep useful links on my phones note pad!!

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No problem-
    Actually its about as good as some of the sub compact carry weapons these days-
    And if you wander around in the woods or river banks like i do the shotshells work on snakes to a certain degree :cool:

14. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

The thought hadn't crossed my mind, but you're right!

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I own one in black worth rose grips...

ForumRunner_20130414_112749.jpg

It's cool, hard to shoot single handed because the trigger is so stiff it requires two fingers to pull without struggle. Good safety if ya ask me. Fun enough to shoot I guess, but hard to hit anything more than five feet away. I use it as a glovebox backup gun.

I had trouble with Blazer brass, it didn't fit properly, slightly wider than Remington UMC, which extracts and fits in nicely.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013