Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I've been having some trouble identifying this rifle. I got it from my grandpa shortly before he passed away, and it's labeled as a Coastal Arms rifle. It's a semiautomatic .22 and from the few times I've fired it, works fine. The only problem I've had is that I can't find anything on Coastal Arms other than a suppressor manufacturer. Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Back in the day, department stores sold their own line of firearms. Sears sold a rifle line call Ted Williams. These guns were a little less money, or sometimes more, with more features and accessories. Usually, these firearms are the same quality as the name brands, just a different label on them.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
There is a brand cross reference in the Numrich catalog. If you don't have access to the catalog, post your model number and I will look it up and post it. The Costal was made by Savage, Stevens, Springfield, Marlin and Mossberg

·
Administrator
26,303 Posts
Yep- known as "Store Brand" guns, or in some cases, "hardware guns" Sears had JC Higgins and Ted Williams brands, Western Auto stores had Revelation, Montgomery Ward's had Westernfield, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts