Coastal Arms .22

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by smartalecg94, Jan 24, 2013.

1. smartalecg94

smartalecg94 New Member

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I've been having some trouble identifying this rifle. I got it from my grandpa shortly before he passed away, and it's labeled as a Coastal Arms rifle. It's a semiautomatic .22 and from the few times I've fired it, works fine. The only problem I've had is that I can't find anything on Coastal Arms other than a suppressor manufacturer. Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Check out Coast To Coast rifles that were made by Savage Arms.

3. AR10

AR10 New Member

Back in the day, department stores sold their own line of firearms. Sears sold a rifle line call Ted Williams. These guns were a little less money, or sometimes more, with more features and accessories. Usually, these firearms are the same quality as the name brands, just a different label on them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

There is a brand cross reference in the Numrich catalog. If you don't have access to the catalog, post your model number and I will look it up and post it. The Costal was made by Savage, Stevens, Springfield, Marlin and Mossberg

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yep- known as "Store Brand" guns, or in some cases, "hardware guns" Sears had JC Higgins and Ted Williams brands, Western Auto stores had Revelation, Montgomery Ward's had Westernfield, etc.