Firearms Talk banner

CMMG .22lr

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mjkeat 
#1 ·
More or less just looking for the round it likes best. Actually that it functions best w/.

Had to run to the pistol range seeing as my favorite outdoor range is closed. 25yds was what I had to work with.

Thankfully for the guy and his 44 mag drowning out my rapid fire. Man it felt good.

It seems to like the Federal maroon and black box. Think Ill try some CCI Mini Mag seeing as I was told it was hotter.

Im thinking this thing is going to bring me lots of pleasure.

See less See more
#2 ·
Haven't found anything that my cmmg kit won't cycle.

#3 ·
Maybe you can help trouble shoot.

Iv had numerous failures to fire, and a few failure to chamber. The FTFs cause failures to extract.

When letting the bolt slam (week compared to what Im used to w/ a 5.56 weapon)forward it rairly seats all the way. I usually have to manually push the bolt the remaining distance w/ my finger. Even them I get FTFs followed by FTEs.

It sounds like a hammer thing to me combined w/ the bolt not seating properly. Your thoughts?

#4 ·
i dont know your set up but i had one and it turned out it didnt like my aftermarket trigger, when i put it on a lower with a standard trigger and +p hammer spring all was well.

i had an older cmmg decated upper and it never would extract life/unfired round manualy. thats why i sold it. as far as i know that problem was supose to have been fixed after watching this.

ow have u tried that last round bolt hold open thing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTA3sXqhwo]CMMG .22 Evolutioin Quebec-A Dedicated .22LR Rifle - YouTube[/ame]

#5 ·
My earlier post was premature. The dedicated upper runs like a top now. It just needed a little breaking in.

Its fun to see peoples faces before they realize it's a .22. Most think it's somehow suppressed and give me funny looks.

The rifle length MOE was taken off and the Aimpoint was replaced w/ a PA Micro to mimick the others to fill the role as a quasi "trainer"

#7 ·
That would be cool to make a retro Colt XM177 carbine look alike out of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.