CMMG .22 Conversion Problems

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by revrentzero, Jan 19, 2013.

1. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

I picked up a cmmg .22 conversion for my ar15 and I'm having problems with it. What's happening is when I fire the rifle it chambers another round but does not let me fire again. Any one else have this problem?

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Are you on the last round?

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Are you saying it doesn't cock the hammer?

4. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I know the cmmg kit I have says it won't work with a notched hammer, don't ok now if that's what's going on or not, mine works flawlessly in my bushmaster xm15 e2s.

5. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

No it's not on the last round, yes it isn't cocking the hammer. How do I know if I have a notched hammer?

6. cgersty

cgersty New Member

When I put my kit in I have to manually push the hammer cocked to get the upper to go back down, other than that it works flawlessly.

7. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

Would it matter what grain .22 I was using that wouldn't be enough to cock the hammer? I think the ones I have are like 36 grain.

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I don't think that matters I use the 36 grain federal bulk pack in mine and it works flawlessly, doesn't miss a beat

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Mine does not like remington ammo. Winchester bulk, federal bulk and cci runs just fine. Did u lube the piss out of it? If not u should be on any moving part of the carrier. What length gas system?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  10. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

Carbine length, I lubed it pretty good but not where the spring is on the .22 bcg

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

take it out and lube it up good , make sure it slides back freely by hand without hanging up , make sure its not got adverse wear on it some where as it might be hanging up . I have roughly somewhere between 4500-5000 rds thru mine and all I had to change a bad extractor out but CMMG thought maybe it was bad/ Chipped from the start and replaced it no questions asked .
    If that doesnt fix it start taking pics and posting them up here so we can take a look at it