Clothing options for a big & tall guy

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by capnklump, Mar 15, 2013.

1. capnklump

capnklump New Member

I'm a big & tall guy & having a little trouble finding shirts long enough to carry concealed comfortably if I had to bend down to pick up something or reach up high. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

3. orangello

orangello New Member

4. capnklump

capnklump New Member

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You have to get "tall" sizes. XLT, XXLT, XXXLT That's the only way to get them long enough.

6. capnklump

capnklump New Member

I just ordered me a couple of them Longtail T's from Duluth Trading. Cant wait, looks like they'll fill the bill quite nicely ;)

7. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, but there are "tuckable" holsters available as well. They are configured so you can still tuck your shirt in and only the belt clip is visible. It's a bit neater when you are tucked in...in my opinion.

8. PigPilot

PigPilot New Member

Also look at the Duluth Trading suspenders made to be worn -under- the shirt. I use mine to keep the 1911 from making my trousers sag. I have a good belt and a Crossbreed holster but these suspenders make carrying the 1911 all day a lot easier. I have several of their polo style shirts and they wear like iron. Customer service can't be beat either.

9. capnklump

capnklump New Member

Are their Polo style shirts generous in length?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  10. PigPilot

PigPilot New Member

capnklump, their shirts range in regular size and tall sizes. I have the "short sleeve banded bottom no-polo" shirts and am very happy with them. Size is a regular length size 2XL. I'm
    6'1" and ah, fluffy, but a 3X shirt was much too large. Tall length is 6'1" - 6'4" in the catalog. Sizes ran a bit large but their customer service is great so exchanges are very smooth. They also have an extended length T-shirt to eliminate "plumbers' butt". Duluth Trading Company P.O. Box 200 Belleville, WI 53508-0200 1-800-505-8888
    DuluthTrading.com

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013