Closest I'll ever get

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by zhuk, Jun 23, 2009.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

To my beloved AK!

Yes, it's a Yugo bayonet :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I can take it out...feel its lovely weighty substance...and dream of what can never be. Yeah, I'm that tragic lol

2. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

I feel ya...

I come across them over here in Iraq all of the time. Tempting, but impossible.

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Ha just as impossible for me lol

You ever seen one of these? :D

[​IMG]

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

God Save the Queen.....

5. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

I have!

I've not only confiscated several on past tours, but even had the opportunity to fire a few. Gold Plated, etc., it's amazing the effort some of these folks put into their AKs. I even found one in a trunk during a search that was completely chrome plated.

Of course, the current theater of operations is completely different than OIFs of the past. Getting less and less fun. Perhaps I'll get a trip to Afghanistan next. I can only hope. I'm a little tired of Iraq...

6. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Yeah I guess heads would have rolled - literally - if not enough effort was put in, huh!

This chromed one is just superb:

[​IMG]

Be careful of what you wish for mate...I've heared from an SAS guy I know Afghanistan is a whole nother thing :( If you do go, stay safe!

7. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

One from OIF III

One of my finest Troopers found this one. From the way he's holding it, and that look in his eyes, I know he wanted to keep it.

Attached Files:

8. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Jesus, almighty

Talk about a pimps AK. There it is. Thanks for the pictures.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL at the pimp AK's! Zhuk, are you gonna test out the wire cutting ability of the bayo/sheath combination?

P.S. If you happen to get to the southern U.S. before Obama takes our guns, i have a buddy with a semi-auto WASR10 you can plink with. I like it, but my SKS feels much more substantial.

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Damn, can relate to that. I can get that feeling just from pics lol

Yeah plan to put it to some kind of use...since it can't be in it's natural enviroment :p

Now you're tempting me orangello! Only trouble is, if i did ever make it to the US...I might end up 'MIA' somehow & miss my return flight. And you're got enough illegals already, haven't you? :D

11. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

By the way, I just came into about 250 Iraqi Army AK Bayonets. Talk about serendipity. I think I'll pass them out to my entire company with a memo so they can take 'em home as souvenirs. We leave theater in less than a month. The boys are counting down the days... So, Zhuk, I may just keep two. If you ever get to Texas, gimme a shout and I'll hand one over to ya. It'll look good in your collection.

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Uh, 250??! whoa.

Ha synchronicity, so true! Love that "I just came into" posession remark, hehe very cryptic! I also think it's awesome you're handing them out to your guys as souvenirs :)

Hey if I ever get to the US, you can count on it...and really nice of you to offer, ACES. You all keep safe over there mate.