Close 'em down

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by locutus, Mar 17, 2020.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If the Prez were to order the closure of ALL news medias, over half of our problems would disappear!:D

joe45c, targa, RKtullahoma and 11 others like this.
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Locutus & Friends
    This is a little lengthy but I wanted to make some points!
    I agree this mass scare tactic by certain people including the News Media who hates Trump, and this panic would be over in weeks. George Soros is enjoying every minute of this! I am not saying that the Coronavirus is not a serious issue. But testing millions is not going to solve the issue. It only promotes and inflames the panic that already exists. IMO if you do not have a cough, sore throat, fever or other symptoms people need to stop being hypochondriacs and scared of their own shadow. And going to the test sights by the thousands. IMO I believe there are numerous false positive test reports when it comes to the Coronavirus. The normal traditional Flu has killed more people so far this year than Corona has!
    It is simple: Stay away from large gatherings, stay away form Sick People with symptoms, Wash Your Hands, Keep your hands away from your face. And if you have symptoms keep your "Arsss" at home! Otherwise Quarantine yourself.

I am still traveling teaching the LE and Govt. Schools. And also staying in Hotels.
    It did not take the Coronavirus for us to take safety precautions.
    I have a clear throw away glove/s that I use to pump gas.
    Always wash my hands before eating or drinking anything.
    Carry a small bottle of Hand Sanitizer on me.
    Hotel Rooms are completely sprayed down with Lysol the minute I get in the Room.
    Items like: Door Knobs entry and all rooms, TV Changers, Light Switches, Couch and Chairs, Tables, Refrigerator Handles, Pantry Handles, Sink and Counter Top, Toilet, Shower Controls, Desk and Desk Chair, Head Board of Bed and End Tables and Phone.
    Knock on wood! I have not had a cold in 4 years after religiously performing the above task! So it will certainly continue with this going on.
    In addition I have instructed all students staying in their Hotel Room while attending the schools to bring a can of Lysol with them and do the same as above.
    In addition I now have Hand Sanitizer Dispensers upon entering the Class Room.
    They also will be confirming at Sign In. They do not have any symptoms or have not had a fever in the past 15 days. But unless it gets a lot worst we will not cater to the panic going on. We have taken the most precaution we have available to us at this time.;)

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, let's simply close down the US media and allow the political pukes to roll on unchecked. How strange that some here who steadfastly defend the right to own firearms would trash the right to free speech.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

If we'd had the media then that we do now, we'd have lost WWII.

5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I believe he meant the op in jest, there was a smiley at the end.

locutus and alsaqr like this.
  6. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

But are you well versed in detecting a much larger and more permanent risk to staying in hotels?
    Bed bugs.:confused::confused:o_O:p

7. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Not that it's a big whoop except to already sick folk, but one can have the corona virus, for up to 14 days symptom free and still transmit the virus.

Except to bed bugs .

towboater and winds-of-change like this.
  8. Leftyfixit

Leftyfixit Member

Drink plenty of water. Stay away from other people. Maintain six feet of personal space. Sounds like the perfect reasons to go to the shooting range!!!

joe45c, Rifling82, alsaqr and 4 others like this.
  9. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yep, until the guy next to your shooting point come over and starts hacking on you :D

10. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just not banks, im going through a refi. right now..

Rifling82, RJF22553 and towboater like this.
  11. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Already memed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But yeah, you're right.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Right now we have a bunch of self important people like Hollywood celebrities and propaganda media names that think they deserve better treatment than us rabble. They are railing at Trump for not being prepared for an unknown virus and screaming that test kits are not readily available for them. I seriously wonder what it would be like if it had hit under Obama. They are chewing out Trump for not acting quickly enough and for acting too quickly.

13. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

We have an overpaid health bureaucracy ( HHS / FDA / NIH , CDC , PHS / PHS Commissioned Corps , FEMA, VA Hospitals ) that did nothing to prepare during the 2 months that Trump's travel bans bought us . Does the media investigate these agencies ? No. They whine about Trump's latest fib .

14. locutus

Not free speech, Al. Freedom of the press. And you know as well as I do that freedom of the press ONLY applies to them that own a press!:p

towboater likes this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This thing has gotten totally out of control.

From the very beginning the administration committed blunders. Example: After the stock market lost seven percent of its value, Trump tweeted that coronavirus was no worse than the flu. He forgot to mention that there are vaccines for the flu. He also said cheaper oil is a good thing. That was un-reassuring to the oil patch folks.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...tweet-says-lower-gas-prices-good-for-consumer

IMO: The media does need to discipline itself on reporting this stuff. Yesterday Mnuchin stated that US unemployment could hit 20 percent without government intervention. In the blink of an eye that went around the globe.

Today, with about 94 minutes of trading left, the DOW has lost >2,000 points.

Many state governors pizzed on Trump's legs because the feds had not furnished them with masks and stuff. They were too damn lazy to get someone in state procurement off their butts to buy the stuff.

The Oklahoma health department still lacks the ability to test for coronavirus.

Planned on hog hunting today but the place is an ocean of mud.

16. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Blaming Trump, are we ?

January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.

January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.

January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.

January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.

January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.

January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.

January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.

January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.

January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”

February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.

February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.

February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.

February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.

February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.
    https://spectator.org/the-impeachment-that-killed-americans/

TimKS, Ghost1958, locutus and 4 others like this.
  17. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Finally someone said it!
    Finally someone put the blame where it truly belongs!

RKtullahoma and towboater like this.
  18. locutus

Yeah, let's blame Trump for every major blunder the Dim-O-kratz do!:rolleyes:

They could &*$& up a wet dream and it would be Trump's fault!

TimKS and ellis36 like this.
  19. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't see ten seconds of ache about any of this. Staff should be going through and doing this as SOP, moreso now.

I'm minded that my grandfather, once he got 'citified', ended up working as a housekeeper in a hospital. This place had four man crews cleaning the rooms. One guy pulling all the hoses and disposables, one guy stripping linens and cleaning the bed and nightstand, one guy cleaning walls, CEILING, and vents, and one guy dealing with the bathroom. And in rotation, so everyone was competent.

Mind, that was a Hospital and over forty years ago. The accountants have taken over, curse them.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  20. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

My slightly dotty great aunt may have had it right on the nose.

She did not have a single colored sheet in her house, all her sheets and pillowcases and such were white, washed in HOT water, with BLEACH... she had not one problem with running a batch of sheets thru twice.

Bedbugs do not get along very well with hot water washes or bleach, either one.

Ghost1958, ellis36 and locutus like this.