Clip Holsters

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

If you carry extra magazines when cc how do you do it and how many magazines do you carry?

Meant to put magazine in the title not clip.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. vincent

vincent New Member

uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh please use the correct vernacular...

3. spack762

spack762 New Member

I use my shoulder rig. It holds 2 10rnd mags for my 1911. When i use my snub. 38 i carry 10rnds in a sks clip.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL!

I must admit i came here wondering if this was about those clips for keltecs and other little pistols to allow for a "safer" carry than the muffin top retention holster for those who don't like real holsters. I've always wanted to try one (unloaded) just to see how it fits; not to mention, i have seen something similar on some sidelock pistol reproductions.

What you meant seems to be "if you carry extra magazines or ammo, how do you do it?".

5. BullseyePrecision

You all obviously knew exactly what I was talking about on here. And they are called clip/magazine holsters.

6. BullseyePrecision

Always one person who thinks that they are better then others for pointing out a little error that someone else makes im glad someone has that much time to go through these threads to point them out.

7. BullseyePrecision

Thank you! A junior member is more polite and knows whats being talked about better then a supporting member and an 8000 post guy.

8. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

No need to chastise anyone (especially a new member) for not knowing correct terminology,I could see some teasing being in order for refering to a magazine as a clip. But don't call someone out on their ignorance if your not willing to inform them yourself. Ever heard the quote "never look down on someone unless your helping them up"

That being said I could understand if its been "one of those days" and you don't have the patience for amatuerism. But this is a forum for both experienced shooters and beginners as well guys

9. BullseyePrecision

Wow this is exactly what this post was started for so everyone could get up on their soap box and tell why eachother is wrong. I didnt want to talk about magazine holsters or anything like that.

10. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

[​IMG]
    clip holder
    [​IMG]
    semi automatic magazine holder

with all due respect to the op, Im sure you have seen some of the post in the introduction section right? remember seeing one about having thick skin?

11. BullseyePrecision

Im just giving it back as they are giving it just like anyone would at the range. I do know what the difference between the two is and I was saying it in english so the vernacular was correct. I just got this forum app on my phone and was trying to make a quick post when I had time while I was at work, going between jobs. Trust me I wont do that again.

12. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

now that we have the "clip/magazine" statement covered, there is really no big need to carry more the one full reload. revolver or semi

13. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I'd have to agree,one on your person should be enough... speedloaders in old cell phone case... mags in a good iwb magazine holder.

Id keep more reloads in the vehicle though

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's the way I feel, if I can't hit with six, I can just as easily miss with 100.

15. BullseyePrecision

Thats how I feel. And plus if you need a 100 rounds your in some sh*t.

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

If im using my shoulder holster i carry two extra mags in the mag pouches under my right arm, plus the one in the pistol.

If im using my blackhawk serpa ill carry the extra mags in my pocket.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

And I've never heard of a civilian being involved in a shooting where a reload was necessary.

I'm sure someone here can bring up an instance though, I'm constantly learning from these guys and gals.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

*chuckling quietly* What's tickled your funnybone?

20. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Ive never heard of one either but i dont want to be the guy that finds out and doesnt have a reload...what does it hurt to be prepared?