Clinger Holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Missouribound, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Anyone here buy or try one?
    I bought one earlier this week. It seems to be well made but I don't see the "cling" it is supposed to offer. Now, as a disclaimer, I do not wear my clothes skin tight. I like a little room for my "dad" bod. I have read reviews where folks wear them with shorts or other casual wear and they stay in place. I'm thinking that won't be the case for me.
    I did want something that would work for the summer. I may just have to go back to pocket or belly band carry when I am wearing my summer gear.
    Perhaps I am asking to much from this product.

2. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

I've purchased holsters from a company called Clinger holsters... But I presume you are talking about a type of holster vs a brand...

You must be talking about the "sticky" holster made to stay in the waistband with just friction and a rubbery/sticky feel?

I've looked at them but don't trust them. I want something that stays put and has good retention... Neither of which those seem to have (for me)

jackrich3 likes this.

3. Missouribound

No, Clinger is the company. I saw that they made other holsters as well but the one I purchased is a "sticky" type....just not as sticky as I expected.

IowaShooter likes this.
  4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You will have to post pictures of the pistol, holster, and dad bod for proper diagnosis. :p

Pasquanel likes this.
  5. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

No way would I trust a holster that relied on "friction fit" to stay in place.
    I prefer a shoulder rig, but a good belt holster is fine as long as you're not shaped like me. (bowling pin with feet)

MisterMcCool and Pasquanel like this.
  6. Missouribound

It's more like "grand dad bod".....and no thanks.
    I get enough ridicule in person.....don't need any online as well. :confused:

MisterMcCool likes this.
  7. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Hey, no problem. Call me up and I'll ridicule you over the phone!
    Least I can do!

MisterMcCool likes this.