Cleaning Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by BTenn, Dec 31, 2011.

1. BTenn

BTenn New Member

What happens if you think that you might have used too much oil while cleaning your glock? Will it still function to it's fullest? I heard it might cause it to gum up...

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

depends on how much is in there ?? just break it down and wipe all the excess oil out of it and make sure not to over do it on oil, remember a little bit of oil goes along way, also might want to try some grease on the inside where needed instead of the oil ??

3. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I got all of the excess off that I could. I used CLP on it. I haven't fired it yet I plan on taking it out and firing a box of rounds through it to make sure it's alright.

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

should all be fine then, got to remember its a Glock ....

5. BTenn

BTenn New Member

Good deal, thank you!

6. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

If you use the 3-2-1 method you can't go wrong. Three small drops on the slide (one drop on each rail and one on the forward part of the slide where the barrel lug rides), two drops on the barrel (one on the barrel itself rubbing it around the barrel to coat it. One on the barrel lug.) and one drop on the piece of metal at the rearmost part of the frame (senior moment. I don't remember what this part is called).
    But, after all, this is a Glock. It will function if over lubed. The down side to over lubing is that the excess lube will tend to attract debris and will make clean up more difficult than necessary.