Cleaning Case

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Polygon, May 6, 2012.

1. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I'm looking for suggestions for something to put all my cleaning stuff in to keep it organized rather than just sitting loose. I had thought about a tackle box. But I was wondering if anyone had some specific suggestions of one to get.

2. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

3. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I use the single gun bag from when I purchased my gen 4 G21. Works fine for me. That's for when I go to the range. Just small enough to lug around. At home I have a Small clear tackle case from bass pro that has all me cleaning stuff in it. I use that after the range when I clean all my guns.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. Deuce

Deuce New Member

My dad and I have always used the dry boxes or ammo cans that still have good seals. The ones with the pull outs are great in my opinion just for the amount of storage.

I got mine at Academy for $20 about 6 years ago and thats what Ive been using and its still in great shape>

5. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

I use a plano tackle box for most of my gun cleaning supplies and small tools. I have a couple amo cans where I keep my solvents & piss cans separate from my cleaning rags/patches for safety. Another ammo box for bigger tools that can't fit into the Plano tackle box and other odds and ends.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I've been thinking of getting a tackle or small tool box for my cleaning supplies, too. I just have it all thrown in a bag. Not very convenient. :eek:

7. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

I've been using an older Plano tackle box for several years now. It's similar to their 6133 LARGE 3-TRAY BOX, except that the upper tray isn't segmented, making it perfect for 2- or 3-piece cleaning rods.

8. DougB

DougB New Member

Plano tackle box here too.

9. JoeR

JoeR New Member

I have a MTM shooters Box that I take to the range I keep my cleaning gear in it, It's like a fishing tackle box but the design is more shooter orientated. I inherited a WW-ll wooden .30 Cal ammo Box with my Dads cleaning equipment in it that I keep for the memory's .
    Joe R
    PS Thanks Dad for a lifetime of shooting.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  10. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Plano tackle boxes, big one for big pieces, little one for little pieces.

11. captainbelly

captainbelly New Member

Ammo box cabinet

I put my junk in ammo boxes and then put them in a filing cabinet. four 50cal boxes fit perfect in a filing cabinet drawer. Cleaning box, gun parts box, ammo boxes, choke box, knives box, etc.. Then I lock the cabinet and lable each drawer with lables such as "tax reciepts", "work files", "family pics"....etc. that way, it becomes a diversion safe as well.

Attached Files:

12. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I got sick of looking online and I went to Cabelas yesterday and bought a Plano model that looks like it was made for this sort of thing without being overly large.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

That's a pretty cool idea! I'm not happy with my current protection. It's really only good enough to keep children from getting to that sort of thing. I've been considering a safe.