clays

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by TRAPPER1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TRAPPER1

TRAPPER1 New Member

Hi looking to purchase a over and under 12 GA. for clay shooting that won;t rob the bank. can someone tell me a good gun to get ? thank you .

2. akers06

akers06 New Member

The stoeger over and under are real good guns for the price

3. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

What's your budget like? I have a gently used Browning 425 with 30" Ported Barrels with 2 factory chokes, 2 extra triggers, and a nice leather breakdown case that I'm asking $1,400 for...

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  4. akers06

akers06 New Member

That's a sweet gun man

5. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Thanks for the compliment...she shot real well, but I got a new one for my Univeristy "excapades"

Attached Files:

6. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Get an h&r pardner shoot skeet all the time ducks a lot too and never had issue paid 175 2 years ago on Black Friday!

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Browning Citori
    ct

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Agreed, find a used Citori and don't look back. Otherwise look into a aemi from any of the big names. The cheap U/O's are just that, and will not stand up to a lot of target shooting. For a beater field gun, the budget U/O's are fine.

9. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

any gun will do for clays. its shooting clays that will break the bank, unless its intended for use in your back yard.

10. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Good point Bob

11. TRAPPER1

TRAPPER1 New Member

Thank you for you advice .I:m looking at a Benelli Black Eagle 2 Semi .what is your advice on this gun ?

12. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Like bobski said, it will work. Do you plan on shooting competitively or for fun? I don't have much experience with Benellis...just the super sports
    [​IMG]
    BUT, I did start off with a Browning Gold Hunter....Really sweet gun, but it being a semi auto, it did hick up with the dirty low power shells now and then. For a competitive shooter, that just isn't acceptable and I switched over to an O/U.

13. akers06

akers06 New Member

The super black eagles are sweet guns one of the best semi autos on the market if not the best

14. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

it has all the bells and whistles you need, for you to work up to its full potential.
    its a gun you dont need to grow into.

15. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I have seen a lot of SBEs have issues with light loads. It is a heavy duty 3-1/2" chambered gun aimed at the waterfowl market. If clays is your primary concern I would definitely advise against it.

16. akers06

akers06 New Member

Yea they tell you not to shoot anything lighter than 1 1/8oz loads in them

17. cottontop

cottontop Guest

The problem with shooting auto loaders in any competitive clay shooting game is the retrieving of the spent hulls. If you don't reload, it might not be as much of a problem, but some clubs require that you not leave any hulls on the ground. Always looking for them and always bending over to pick them up is a pain.
    ct