Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking to purchase a over and under 12 GA. for clay shooting that won;t rob the bank. can someone tell me a good gun to get ? thank you .

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What's your budget like? I have a gently used Browning 425 with 30" Ported Barrels with 2 factory chokes, 2 extra triggers, and a nice leather breakdown case that I'm asking $1,400 for...

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
TRAPPER1 said:
Hi looking to purchase a over and under 12 GA. for clay shooting that won;t rob the bank. can someone tell me a good gun to get ? thank you .
Get an h&r pardner shoot skeet all the time ducks a lot too and never had issue paid 175 2 years ago on Black Friday!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Browning Citori
ct
Agreed, find a used Citori and don't look back. Otherwise look into a aemi from any of the big names. The cheap U/O's are just that, and will not stand up to a lot of target shooting. For a beater field gun, the budget U/O's are fine.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
any gun will do for clays. its shooting clays that will break the bank, unless its intended for use in your back yard.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good point Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for you advice .I:m looking at a Benelli Black Eagle 2 Semi .what is your advice on this gun ?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Thank you for you advice .I:m looking at a Benelli Black Eagle 2 Semi .what is your advice on this gun ?
Like bobski said, it will work. Do you plan on shooting competitively or for fun? I don't have much experience with Benellis...just the super sports

BUT, I did start off with a Browning Gold Hunter....Really sweet gun, but it being a semi auto, it did hick up with the dirty low power shells now and then. For a competitive shooter, that just isn't acceptable and I switched over to an O/U.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
it has all the bells and whistles you need, for you to work up to its full potential.
its a gun you dont need to grow into.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have seen a lot of SBEs have issues with light loads. It is a heavy duty 3-1/2" chambered gun aimed at the waterfowl market. If clays is your primary concern I would definitely advise against it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have seen a lot of SBEs have issues with light loads. It is a heavy duty 3-1/2" chambered gun aimed at the waterfowl market. If clays is your primary concern I would definitely advise against it.
Yea they tell you not to shoot anything lighter than 1 1/8oz loads in them

G

·
The problem with shooting auto loaders in any competitive clay shooting game is the retrieving of the spent hulls. If you don't reload, it might not be as much of a problem, but some clubs require that you not leave any hulls on the ground. Always looking for them and always bending over to pick them up is a pain.
ct

1 - 17 of 17 Posts