Classification on gun parts

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Class-3-Aholic, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Class-3-Aholic

    Class-3-Aholic New Member

    I own a semi-auto GSG-522 and I want to get the
    Proper parts to make it full-auto, but how can I get those part(s) and will I need to do any special
    paperwork for an AOW or For any regular automatic class 3 (it is for personal use not for any business reasons)
  2. c3shooter

    c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

    Greetings- stop by the intro thread, and say hello.

    To address your question- what you have just asked for is a Federal felony, worth 10 yrs (no parole) and $10,000 fine.

    Since May 1986, NO full auto firearms that are not ALREADY registered with the BATFE can be transferred to a private citizen. That is why the price of a LEGAL M16 that CAN be transferred is around $16,000- $18,000.

    What you have described is "manufacturing a machine gun". In the US, it cannot be done legally except by the holder of a FFL MANUFACTURING license, with an SOT to make machineguns. Those newly made guns can ONLY be transferred to a Law Enforcement Agency, to another machine gun dealer or to a military force.

    You will also find there is no such thing as a "drop in" collection of parts on current guns. If a gun is "readily convertible" to a machine gun, it is regulated by the BATFE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.