classic firearms sucks!!

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by potentialglock, Jan 18, 2013.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I will not being doing business with classicfirearms.com again!! They charged me 13 dollars for shipping and it only cost them 5 dollars! What a rip off!!

2. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

Somebody had to wrap it up, and place it in the out bin for delivery pickup...

What is 'their' time worth? Eight bucks an hour?

There is more to shipping than just the postage...

eldar

3. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

There is also a cost associated with packaging. They have to buy the boxes, tape, packing peanuts etc depending on what you bought as well.

4. potentialglock

I've never been ripped off by over 100% tho

5. eldarbeast

eldarbeast New Member

Yeah! What he said!

eldar

6. potentialglock

Still.....I'm going liberal on this one! I reject your valid and reasonable arguments and substitute my reality!! *plugs my ears* lalalalalalala

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Did you get it on time? Was it what you ordered? Was the price of the item reasonable? Did they tell you the shipping would only be $5 then charge you more?

I don't here many complaints on classicarms; one of my nephews got his WASR from them.

8. potentialglock

Two magazines for 13$ each. They charged 13$ at the time but I guess u expected it would cost something close to that. I know they make a small profit on shipping but a 130% markup is ridiculous

9. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Well at least they didn't run, hide and cave like some other dealers did. I've never ordered from them, but they seem to be an up front company.

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I've used Classic Arms before, and my experience was pleasant. Did they tell you what the shipping would be before you finished your order? If so, you accepted it and shouldn't complain about something you agreed to.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

If they didn't quote you a price or say "free shipping", i think your complaint is pretty weak. Try ordering some primers shipped, then i will feel your pain on shipping. Hazmat fee is OUCH.

12. texaswoodworker

I just checked on their site. The have a very easy to see shipping cost estimator in their cart. They probably also told you what your total would be before you hit "pay now" since most, if not all sites that I have delt with do.
    If you did not use the estimator, or look at your total before you paid, that is your fault, not theirs.

13. potentialglock

......I know. I'm just grouchy right now and felt like complaining

14. texaswoodworker

Trust me, their shipping is a lot better than CTD.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I can't speak for everyone, but if my order arrives:
    On time
    Intact
    Correct
    I'm willing to pay a bit more for competence.
    Free shipping from idiots is a false economy.

My only real gripe with shipping is when my tiny little $3 spring or other itty-bitty part costs $6 to ship. I will usually add a few more inexpensive items to the order just to even things out some.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

No doubt about it! CTD doesn't get anymore of my business, but in the past, buddies and i have compared and found CTD costs about the same if not more once you figure in their shipping.

17. potentialglock

Uuuggghhh all that and they don't work!!

18. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Let us know how their returns and customer service is LOL

19. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Did you order the AK74 mags they were advertising the other day for your Saiga?

20. potentialglock

Yes?........I learned after the fact that saigas need proprietary mags right?