Clarksville Student Suspended For Knife In Father's Car

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by priell3, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. priell3

priell3 New Member

Clarksville Student Suspended For Knife In Father's Car

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn - A high school student in Montgomery County has been suspended after school officials found a knife inside his father's car.

David Duren-Sanner should be spending his time going through college and scholarship applications this time of year.

Instead, he's wondering if he'll even be able to graduate after what hundreds of people are calling an overreaction to a mistake.

On Thursday, Duren-Sanner, a senior at Northeast High School drove his father's car to school. During a random lockdown, his car was chosen to be searched.

Duren-Sanner gave permission because he said he had nothing to hide.

His father is a commercial fisherman on the West Coast and had apparently left a fishing knife in the car. Duren-Sanner's father said it might have been wedged between one of the seats.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/school-knife-in-car.htm

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

that is so wrong.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The backlash from these moronic school administrators is sure to come. They have gotten SO far out of line, the public has got to finally say "enough". Zero tolerance = zero common sense

4. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Things have changed so much in the last 20 yrs. I almost hate to think of what it will be like 20 from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Did he bring a knife on school property? Yes he did. You are calling the zero tolerance part of this story moronic. I'm calling the kid a moron for allowing a search of a car that was not his. If you loan your car out or borrow somebody else's car, don't be surprised at what you may find in it.

Why is everybody working on the assumption that this kid is telling the truth? We had a local 16 year old arrested this week for a loaded .38 stuffed in his sock. I sincerely doubt he borrowed the sock and didn't know it was in there, but you can bet he had some kind of excuse for carrying a loaded gun to school.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Dang Doc----let's spin this one around a bit and see if your opinion changes?

You have a car? Kids?

Let's say you let junior borrow the car to go to a movie with his girlfriend. Unknown
    to you he gives a ride to a sort of buddy and his pill-head girlfriend. She drops a tab
    of Oxy in the backseat, it slides between the cushions and is lost.

3 months later for whatever reason the police ask if they can search the car. You say
    "sure, no problem, nothing to hide". They pop the rear seat cushion---you hire a lawyer.

Sound fair to you? Since the kid's car was on school property, he probably really didn't
    have a choice on the consent---guessing a NO would have had consequences too.

7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

BillM, I understand what you're saying, and it could have happened either way. I'm just not going to jump on 'the poor kid is innocent and the gummint is out to get him' bandwagon. Did the kid have to consent to a search? He's not the lawful owner of the car. You tell me.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

This has nothing to do with positive use of firearms...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.