Cities that have differing ordinances.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Agent_H, May 2, 2010.

1. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

So, Oregon is inherently an open-carry state. The city I live in (Portland) and a few others have pre-emptive ordinances that makes OC illegal unless you have a concealed permit(oxymoron).

Makes open carry a pain as you are going to have the authorities checking you out at least for your permit. Kind of a spit in the direction of gun owners.

This is of course a simplified statement as I am acquainted with the rules but my question is, how many of us live in a place that has extra regulations imposed at a local level?

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ohio is an open carry with restrictions state. The locals can make any laws they want regarding making open carry illegal. Heck, I believe that SUR's are illegal in the city of Columbus.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not me. Vrginia legislature declared that regulation of firearms is the provenance of the State, not cities or counties.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Texas, too has a preemption clause. The municipalities cannot step into the State's purview. Counties have basically no ordinance authority until they reach a certain population threshhold (Harris county/Houston)

5. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Here in Az we have OC and CCW with or with out a permit. The with or with out permit is what is going to get a lot of people in trouble, those who do not study the CCW laws about where you can and can not carry. Like carrying in a bar or resturant that servers alcohol.