Citadel M1 Carbine

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by LeadSlanger, Sep 1, 2013.

1. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

I noticed in the Legacy Sports International catalog I received the other day that Citadel is coming out in late 2013 with a 9mm M1 Carbine. That sounds like something I would seriously be interested in since I've been wanting a 9mm carbine and that's my kind of gun. Problem is, I don't know how good the .22 version is as far as build quality and reliability. Anyone have any experience with these Chiaapa made M1's?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

never heard anything good about the citadel 22 other than folks saying run far and fast away from them.

buddy of mine had a m1 22 in the late 80's not sure who made it but it was a total piece of junk.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I remember there being a problem with the bolt locking all the way forward. I'm not sure if they had a recall but I know that there were warnings out there about it.

That being said, I've seen them for sale at plenty of places and I know a lot of people do t have problems with them. I wanted one but decided it wasn't worth the risk for something with a poor reputation and possible safety hazard.

The 9mm version sounds cool, but any safety concerns would just be amplified with a larger round. I'd have to sit back for a while and read some reviews and let them improve on it before I felt it was worth going for.

4. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Humm....not sounding promising at all.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That would be a great idea if it was quality built.

HEY RUGER AND KAHR! We've got an idea for you!

6. LeadSlanger

LeadSlanger New Member

Yeah it would. I'd be all over it, if it wasn't a piece of crap.

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I believe Iver Johnson made a M-1 carbine here in the USA in the 80's. Try to find one of those.