citadel 45

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by 1911newbee, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 1911newbee

1911newbee New Member

Hey guys,i am thinking about picking up the citadel 1911/45 cal compact.It feels good in my hand and would be easier to conceal,as i am very thin.Problem is i would probably have to trade my s.a.mil spec in to get it.Any thoughts or input on citadel would be helpful.thanks steven

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

First I would never sell a Springer to buy a Philippines built replacement.

For one, the Armsco Citadel will not hold its value like the SA you already own.

Word has it that the mags that come with the Citadels are trash. FTF issues.

Keep the Mil Spec, its a better 1911.

3. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I'm no expert, but
    O when Cane, JonM, or Wambli speak I listen. I can't speak on the gun you wanna buy, but SA has a good reputation. in my opinion, SA is second only to Colt.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Keep what you have.
    Cane is correct.
    If you want another, save a little each payday and buy a second.

One can never have enough firearms.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I don't think I would sell a Springfield to buy a Citidel. However, I own the full sized Citadel. Mine has been very reliable. It is ultra acurate too. For the money, I think it is a great gun. I easliy have a couple thousand rounds through mine. And I can hold my own with it in competition.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you want a smaller gun look at the colt defender/new agent or the springer versions of same.

i agree with cane your not getting a good deal there

save a few sheckles if your coming up short for a better quality ccw friendly 1911

7. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I like your thinking Dan, I wish my daughters mother saw it the same way. My mom agrees, she says go buy guns and teach her granddaughter how to shoot. So I bought her a sig 229, she's only 6 months.

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Personally I would've bought her a .22lr revolver. Then I would've had an excuse to get one :p.

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I owned a Citadel Compact for a while and I was very unhappy with the gun. It would not feed any brand of hollowpoint ammo and after the first month, the front sight came loose and would slide from side to side of the slide. It would never stay tight. I ended up selling the gun and I've never bought another Armscor-made 1911. Just my experience with the gun...

10. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Please don't be crazy, and listen to CA, Dan, and Cane lOl, I'm a 1911 newbie but I strongly believe they are correct. And I always listen to these 3 gurus

11. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

You should also listen to JonM and Wambli, they know their stuff really good. The 3 you named + 2 I mentioned have got me to hush and listen with out saying it. These 5 are gun gurus in my book. I don't kiss ***, nor do I blow smoke, but I am a newbie as well and am craving knowledge.

I have a small collection, but it's mine and it's what I want. I am a shooter and genuinely enjoy it like second nature. I am no pro, but you can bet that if I catch you in my sights, give your soul to God cause your but belongs to me. I respect guns and got out of the loop for about 5 years and now I am getting back into it. I work LE so my shot needs to be true, cause my life depends on it both on and off duty. On duty I carry a Glock 22 and off duty I carry either Glock 23 or a Sig, but my fav is a good 1911. A good 1911 is a bush in hands of an artist painting master pieces. They just feel right and handle great, and when it comes to 1911 the 5 mentioned are the ones I seek advice from.

A know it all can learn nothing, and I don't know it all and want to learn. That is the main reason I got on the forum and maybe share some of my own experiences and opinions with others. In my line of work I think it pays to have knowledge of fire arms and proficiency with them, but you would be amazed how many LEO don't know crap about their tools. You can tell who is a scholastic rookie out of the training academy, and who isn't. So I say thanks to those educate people like me so that I can pass it on to those who want to learn.

12. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I'm not going put anybody down, but listen to the advise of JonM, CA, Cane, Dan, or Wambli. They know of what they speak. 1911 is a piece of American history and made a lot of history

13. Old_Number_7

Old_Number_7 New Member

I have one like yours, put 300 rounds on it and no problems at all. Just remember to use grease, not oil on the slider.