Citadel 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by schnelting21, Mar 12, 2013.

1. schnelting21

schnelting21 New Member

Anybody have any citadel 1911s and how are they I heard there better then rock island armory.. There made by the same company I know the citadel has better mods on it anybody have a citadel that likes it?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Made by the same company but better- interesting.

3. schnelting21

schnelting21 New Member

Yea it's got a better trigger and hammer and I think safety and grip.. The plain one is the the rock island and the one with the grip and skeleton trigger is citadel

Attached Files:

4. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

No difference but small parts. Same gun. Evinrude, Johnson, outboards come to mind. GMAC, Chevy trucks would be another. Change the front grill or paint color you have the same thing.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Looks like an RIA tactical to me.

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Had a Citadel Compact when they first came out. Hated the gun. It would not feed any brand of HP ammo. After reading the manual it says that the gun was not made to shoot HP ammo and that modification by a gunsmith would be required. Big turn off for me as I bought the gun as a carry option. Second issue was the barrel appeared to be polished stainless steel, but it turned out to be just raw carbon steel that was polished. The barrel hood rusted almost immediately. Then the front sight would come lose and slide around after the first few rounds. It was one of the only 1911s I've ever sold. Some people like them, but I won't recommend them.

7. spot08

spot08 New Member

Iv got a full size and love it. It eats everything i feed it no problem