Citadel 1911 Compact tactical

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ALfiremedic1, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Just got my first 1911 today. I went and picked up a used Citadel 1911 compact tactical 45 acp. It was $389 and is in really good shape. Took it to the range and it shoots like a dream. The trigger is crisp and it has very little recoil for a 45. Went through 200 rounds and not a single issue. It was accurate and the sites are pretty nice for a lower end 1911. The grips were already upgraded when I bought it. I went ahead and purchased a kimber flush mag for it and it fits beautifully. I think the finish could be a little better, but ive seen much worse. The internals are smooth look to be machined well. I do believe that this will be my EDC for a while.

image-3558658028.jpg

From 25 feet I think this is pretty damn good for a 300 dollar 1911. No complaints here.

image-471443494.jpg

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

They are nice little guns. I have the RIA version which is the same thing. Carry everyday with me. Mine shoots anything I put in it and is a joy to shoot. Congrats sir.

[​IMG]

3. bandj524

bandj524 New Member

I have the RIA compact. when I got it I thought it would curb the itch in getting a 1911 but after 500+ trouble free rounds I think it just replaced my glock 23 as EDC.:D but the first thing to go are those grips in favor of some vz grips.

RIA 45.jpg

4. gschnarr

gschnarr Member

I love my RIA compact too. It is reliable accurate and easy to shoot. With around 2000 rounds through it, it is in my EDC rotation. image.jpg

14 rounds at 10 yards.

5. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Any of you guys upgrade the springs? Triggers? I love the gun and want to keep it. Just looking at ways to make it better

6. gschnarr

gschnarr Member

Right now I have only put on some hogue grips right when I got it. Not really planning to change anything.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

looks great and IMO, you got one hell of a deal! sweet!:D

personally, i wouldn't change anything that wasn't needed until it wore out. if there are some features that would make it more user friendly for you, then yes, i would change them. i only change what makes the pistol suit me better and nothing more.

8. bandj524

bandj524 New Member

my gun runs flawless as is. The only thing I'm changing is the grips. No need to make changes on something that works. That is until it needs changing.

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the full size Citidel. I put the Hogue one piece grip with the finger grove on mine. That is the only change I have made. Mine runs great. Just take care of it. Clean and oil it. That's all I do.