Cimarron 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Drew197, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Drew197

Drew197 New Member

Just picked this 1911 up yesterday and I'm not very familiar with the brand so I was wondering if anyone has had one or what they've heard about them

Attached Files:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

so would you buy a car without knowing anything about the one you were looking at? same thing with a firearm. the time to do your research is before you buy, not afterwards.

hypothetical situation. what if many of us got on here and told you horror stories about that particular pistol? what then? you've already bought it! it's yours now. what if you found out after the fact that they had poor CS in regards to the warranty in fixing it if there was a problem? i could go on, but i think my point has been made.

sounds to me that you made an impulse buy based on you just wanted to buy a pistol, am i correct? many of us here make impulse buys, but know what we are buying in the first place. sometimes it's better to pass on something than end up buying something you end up regretting later. most firearms lose value when they are bought then used. so if you regret the purchase later, you stand to lose money many times.

the Cimmaron 1911 is a decent 1911. as to it's worth, depends on what you paid for it.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I've not owned or shot one. But their supposed to be nice dependable shooters.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I dont know a thing about them but it is very nice looking. Let us know how it does on the range. Good luck to you!!

5. Drew197

Drew197 New Member

It was payment for some easy labor

6. Axxe55

that's fine. but seriously, what if the gun had been junk? is your time not worth money? if the pistol happened to be junk, it just lessened the value of your time. as i get older, i put a higher value on my time now. if i have to work X number of hours to buy a firearm, then i am dang sure i will buy a qaulity firearm.

7. Drew197

Drew197 New Member

Dude it's really not a big deal

8. Axxe55

whatever floats your boat then. too many times there is someone who buys a firearm, then comes on here and posts, "well i just bought this today and what does everyone think about it? is it a good firearm? did i pay too much?" and ect., ect.,,,,,

my point is simple. do your research before and not afterwards. so if your time and money isn't a big deal, so be it. mine is. that's why i research before not after. good luck with your way of doing things.

9. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

The Cimarron 1911 is actually built by Armscor, which means you have a good gun there. Armscor is a Philippine company that has a great reputation for building quality, low cost 1911s. Even STI has Armscor build the frame, slide and barrel for their Spartan guns (internals are all STI parts).

10. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Me neither but it is really nice looking.

11. powderkeg

powderkeg New Member

Come down of the podium axxe

12. Axxe55

well if you have some valid information to post then feel free to do so. my opinions are mine and mine alone. i tend to call things the way i see them. if this offends or hurts feelings, then so be it.

simply put. put your big girl pantys on and man up. grow some thicker skin or don't post post if you can't handle the negative along with the positive remarks.

Powderkeg. feel free to join the ladies bridge club. you might feel much more at home there.

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Ok, got that done, now let's go shootin.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Personally, I think axxe makes a good point.

The FTF is a knowledge transfer service. Why would/should you plunk your $$$ before asking others, "What do you guys think of the [insert; Make, Model, caliber] and does anyone have a suggestion/recommendation for other makes in this genre? "

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sometimes GUD advice is wasted axxe----

16. Axxe55

sometimes so Hossfly. i try and give good advice, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.:(

17. farthingdv

farthingdv New Member

Nice looking gun but know very little about the brand.

18. pghrich

pghrich New Member

Cimmarron is an inportor of mostly ssa type guns for the cass sport, they are regaurded as higher end, they import the 1911 for a certain class of cass shooting [the wild bunch], they are usually a good choice, armscor/ria is the maker so you should be good to go, rich

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  19. nightal

nightal New Member

..Look at this..........................

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToEftxBOtfw[/ame]

20. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member