cigar/cigarette lighters

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by UrbanNinja, Jun 24, 2012.

1. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Ive always had a thing for lighters. Not much of a butane fan,but i love my Zippos. Ive got a decent collection of zippos. Nothing outrageous or rare, I just see one I like and buy it.

I dont know much about novelty or butane lighters. Yesterday I was in a local thrift shop and came across a novelty pistol lighter. It was a replica of a Smith & Wesson 5906. It actually said the name and model on it. There were no other markings on it. It did not say the origin either. Ive searched all over the internet looking for some info on it and came up with absolutely NOTHING. Not even a picture of it.

The one i found was not operational, So I didn't buy it. I wanted to try and research it first to see if I could repair it.

Now, the fact that it actually says "Smith & Wesson 5906" on it, and nothing else, makes me wonder if S&W actually produced it themselves.

Does anyone have information or knowledge of this lighter? Or does anyone else collect lighters and can give me some pointers on what I should be looking for?

2. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Hmm...I tried searching for some info. All I came across was a crappy quality youtube video.

3. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

That was all I found too. I also cant tell if its the same one

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

5. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Make sure you post some pics when you get it!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Good idea. I think I would do the same.

7. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I definitely will. I'm kind of excited about it now. Lol.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Urban, i semi collect the Zippo lighters too. they make so many different ones an have made them for many years, that a person would need a small warehouse to store a complete collection of them! most of mine are vehicle or Harley related. anytime i was out of town and found a Harley shop, i bought a T-shirt and a Zippo lighter. also have several Chevrolet and Dodge lighters.

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I would get it... But I have a S&W 59.... ;)

10. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I dont have a 59 series. I do have a 3913... close enough. Lol

11. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Sweet.. Im looking for a M39, The 59 is just a little too big to be comfortable...

12. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I originally wanted the 5906 but after I found the 3913 single stack, I quickly changed my mind. It conceals so much nicer and lighter weight. I forget I have it most times when carrying.

13. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Sorry it took a couple days but I finally got around to picking up the lighter and taking a couple pictures. I apologize for the quality, its a cell phone camera.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's a cool lookin' little lighter Urban. I have a small collection of Zippos myself, but my pride and joy is a 1930's Evans that is built into a cigarette case. I'll have to take some pics and post them. Like I said, that thing is sweet.

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Please do. It sounds pretty cool.