Chrome or Nickled Colt 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by luggnutt42, Mar 23, 2010.

1. luggnutt42

luggnutt42 New Member

I have a Colt 1911 .45 and I have had several offers on it. I really do not want to sell but if the price is right I would consider. I have offers ranging from $200 - $4700. The serial number is (This is a partial) C140###.
    Does anyone have any idea as to an amount of this handgun?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

If someone offered you $4700..... TAKE IT

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

No kidding!!

It is a pre war Colt Gov't. Your photos are a bit "lacking" but it does not look like original factory nickel plating.

If someone is willing to give you $4700 have them contact me and I'll sell them mine too.

But seriously, take some good pics and give a better description. Bore condition, etc. What is stamped on the bbl?

4. luggnutt42

luggnutt42 New Member

Battery dead in camera so I used my phone. I will get better pics and more detail. Thanks

5. hiredhelp

hiredhelp New Member

Hello and thanks for letting us see your piece of history. Your C140XXX was manufactured in 1925 when 5000 were manufactured. I must agree and say the finish does not look like a Colt finish. During this time, Colt was meticulous with their finishes and this just doesn't seem to have it. The photos do not really do just but if you did have an offer for the $4700.00; it would be an extremely good price. IMHO Good luck with your choice...

1911...enough said!