CHRISTMAS TREE..LIVE or FAKE or NONE...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 27, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I'm not putting-up a tree with no kids in the house,my be a Reath on the door,but thats about-it...Anybody use those Fake three's with the color coated wire limbs,..Them are a pain-in the ***...I don't do lights out-side either...I guess I'm Scrooge...What do you use ???....

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

we have a fake one that is about 3 1/2 feet tall, but i much prefer live ones. they smell much better. use to do the lights on the house thing when i was married to my second wife, had to go by her house a couple of months ago, the lights i put up over 12 years ago are still up!

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll be using a 4 foot phony, prelit. It's what I have laying around.

4. CGO

CGO New Member

No tree
    There no grandkids here to put one up. I put a few decorations around the inside of the house.

5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

None. I live alone. No wife (divorced). No kids. Mom passed away last year. Dad has Alzheimer's. Christmas isn't the same for me any more. Depressing, I know, but sometimes life just sucks at certain times of the year.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Fake tree. I let my 13 year old son put it up last night. We all decorated it together.

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

None. I have boycotted "Christmas" for the last five years or so, as it's just become too totally commercialized. Being a lifelong batchelor makes it an easy decision. I honor the original reason for the Holy Day, but that's as far asI go.

Bah Humbug...... ;)

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I guess I fall into that same category myself. Having lost three sons
    Christmas will never be the same for me. And what with our beloved
    country being systematically raped by corporate power and their
    bought political hacks, I have no alternative but to go 'within' and
    find my old friend Christ, and squeeze whatever blessing I can from it.
    But to everyone else a joyeous Christmas is extended to you all.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Wow, eerily similar to my situation. Can't wait for the holidays to be over.

10. mmcmsse9

mmcmsse9 New Member

Can’t help it, when this time of year comes around I still get excited. Even though both my parents are gone; my wife mother is hanging on by a thread. Her father left when she was very young. My daughter is with her husband are stationed in Japan, my son is in Germany working for a steel company and just found out that he may be able to get back to the states for Christmas.

I will be 60 in January and I still put double icicle lights around roof, bush lights, lighting snowflakes on the fence, lighted deer in the yard, and a Christmas music box out front. We put up six trees in the home, combination of live and artificial.

I know it all sounds very commercial, but I do thank God everyday for all his blessings and take great joy in celebrating his birth!

11. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

Two fake trees, a 9ft and 7.5ft. Here's (part of) the 7.5ft we decorated yesterday.

image-1921231136.jpg

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

12. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

We will be putting up a fake tree.

13. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I prefer live ones aswell, because I really like the smell of pine ;).

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, the holidays don't thrill me too much, either, but it has gotten much better since my granddaughter was born 5 years ago. Once my kids were grown, I didn't put a tree up for years. When my kids were young, we always had a real tree until the oldest child said he didn't want to do that anymore (he did all the work) and I got tired of vacuuming pine needles up in July, still. A couple years ago, I bought a white, multicolored prelit tree. It is beautiful, simple and is starting to ease my bad feelings of Christmas.

But I still breathe a BIG sigh of relief every January 2nd. :cool:

15. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

6 foot Aluminum *Pom Pom Sparkler* circa 1965 and a *Penetray* brand color wheel.
    Like this.

[​IMG]

16. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

7' plastic tree with built in LED lights. Burn evergreen scent candle for smell during season. Had it for 6 years now and is still like new. Saves me $$$$ considering the price of real tree and no mess to keep clean.

17. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I like to keep those Oregon Xmas tree farmers in business.....Cut tree!

I'd do one of those live trees you plant in the yard after Christmas, but there isn;t much that grows in sand!!

18. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's nice to enjoy time with family and friends during the holidays, but man do I look forward to the second of January.

19. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Amen...To that........

20. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I have two fake trees one with colored lights and one with white lights.

I put up enough lights and stuff outside that Chevy Chase would be proud of me.