Christmas Present

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Olympus, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I was lucky enough to get a new gun for Christmas this year. Low and behold, it was a Henry Goldenboy! I was really blown away by the quality of the gun. The lever action was just as smooth as silk. And not to mention its gorgeous! It has a nice deep blue on the octagon barrel. I had heard that the Henry plant had been shut down due to damage from Sandy and production had stopped. None of the distributors I use ever had any in stock. But my old man found a new one somewhere. As soon as the snow melts, I'll get some pictures.

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Sweet! One of my favorite .22's.

Beautifully crafted golden silk....always get comments at the range!

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds most excellent. Congratulations.

4. string1946

string1946 New Member

The are very nice.

They make a beautiful rifle. I bought one at a flea market a couple of years ago but its .17 HRM and not .22 LR. I've never shot mine. I just cleaned it up and stuck it in the vault. It does seem strange this day and time to see a firearm maker advertising on TV. Hope you don't mind if I post a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Not at all. I'm a big fan of your pics. :)

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Sweet...only good gun related news to ever come from New Jersey...Henry rifles made right in Bayonne, NJ...US of A...:rolleyes:

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Just some quick pictures.

Attached Files:

8. string1946

string1946 New Member

Very nice

I love the shooting bench. I can shoot out here on my property but need a bench and maybe some trees cleared. You can keep that white stuff whatever it is. :D

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The bench was a present from the wife!