Christmas parade!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Dec 2, 2013.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

My towns Christmas parade is tonight.
    The best part is that they stage it on my street. I get to walk down my street and see everything, no going into town to stand in crowds and I can carry my drink with me.
    They're starting to line up now.
    See you all in a little while.

2. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Well, I got to go out and visit with all the folks in the parade. I have to say, it was a pretty good evening.
    There were some great floats, some great tow vehicles, and of course, some beautiful girls.
    We had a '66 Pontiac conv., a '54 New Yorker station wagon, a '58 Rambler woody wagon towing a varnished teardrop camper, and a half dozen restored Farmall tractors (1 diesel).
    But I think the highlight had to be.......Ta-Da....the women's roller derby team.
    They were right in front of my house. Let me tell you, it's a good day when you get to see a women's RD team practice in your front yard for an hour.
    Good times, good times.
    Oh, I also got to help set up the American Legion truck. Imagine a bunch of old guys with blown out knees climbing in a nd out of pick up trucks to set up flag displays.
    I didn't even mind that I was helping squids and ground pounders. ;)
    It doesn't make that much difference when you get to a certain age.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

3. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You didn`t get no pictures ?.....................

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

No Pictures, it didn`t happen !.................

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No, no pics. I usually don't carry my phone unless I'm in the car and I have no idea where my camera is. :eek:

6. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Pics or it didn't happen :eek: