Christmas gift "bug out bag" help

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Dahamp2003, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Alright, so Dad's wanting a "bug out bag" (even though he has nowhere to bug out to, and more family members, etc etc I'm not even gonna go there) and his friend has one that is probably 500$ with a place to hold his AR on the side of it. He thinks this is the coolest thing on earth. He won't buy a regular molle bag and put a shotgun scabbord on it, it has to hold an AR. I want to get him one for Christmas, but can't afford 500 bucks. I'm looking at something around 75$. Maybe a tad more. Anyone know of something that would help? I'm honestly less concerned with quality as it will literally sit in his closet like his AR with no rear site he's bought for "doomsday". I want him to be happy, even if it makes zero sense to me. Anyone ever tried mollying something on the side that would hold an AR? Or know of a pack? Thanks

2. aruiz42

aruiz42 New Member

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A bug out bag can be a life saver even though there is no emergency. Traffic accidents have caused people here in the US to be stuck in there cars for extended periods of time.

I don't understand why he wants to put the AR in a bag. He can use a sling to carry a rifle.

I would talk to your dad and find out why he is preparing. If he is just keeping up with the Jones I would just give him a gift certificate.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Pretty much. The only problem is he knows nothing about it, except what he wants, but is relying on me to get him what he needs. I know, I know. I'm in a bad situation here. He knows what he "needs", yet wants my knowledge to get it. Well me knowledge says the same thing you said. A sling works fine. He's dead set on carrying it on the pack though. I actually got him a Marine camo surplus ILBE pack. Pretty freaking awesome bag guys. I'd highly recommend it. And for the price, you can't beat it. It's designed by Arc'Teryx if that tells you anything.