Christensen Arms any experiences?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 94browninghunt, Dec 9, 2011.

1. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

I'm thinking of getting a Christensen Arms rifle in long range rig in the 338 win mag cartridge. However...the purchase wont be anytime soon probably in about 8-9 months b/c I'm still about a $1500 short and I'm just in college. Any experiences you had with it would be of great help. Thank you for the input.

(Muliemaster, heard you cannot upload any pics :( )

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I would never own one of there rifles. To much fluff of the money. They are not that light or any more accurate than many rifles on the market today for way less money. You could have a custom built to your needs for that same money or less and have a true custom built for your. OR if light weight was the main reason for the chrissy rifle look at remmys model 7 or rugers compact. Both can have a standard cartrigde rifle down to just over 6 lbs. Then have it accuraized and have a light weight and accurate rifle. For about half the price of the chrissy. Or for a truely beautifull and accurate rifle at 1/2 the price and on up. 2300 bucks and up is some crazy money for a bit of carbon and a cheap shilen barrel. Check this company out.
    Rifles

3. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Thank you, my uncle has one from them in the 300 RUM he likes it :). Price and barrel is the only problem for me with the Chrisy arms. Still doing a lot of research for 338 win in long range though. :)