Choseing a 22 pisol

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by SmithKid308, Jul 21, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

I would like to buy a 22 pistol for just fun and looks good any you may recommend are welcome and pics would be nice

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Get a ruger MKII or MKIII they are great plinkers. Also I own the Walther P22 wich is a smooth operating fun plinker. I have fired all 3 and love them all.

Attached Files:

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Dang, Doc. I love the look of the fluted barrel. Nice plinkers you got there.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Winds, I bought the Walther for the wife. Stole the pics off the net for the MKII and MKIII. A good friend has those and I love em.

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

For .22 pistols, none are more precise than High Standard...they're the ONLY pistol MFR to win Olympic Gold :)

Any old High Standard from CT will do the trick...
    [​IMG]

6. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Check Browning Buckmark as well.

For pics...you can use Google ;)

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Ruger MK3: Accurate, built like a tank and relatively inexpensive & huge aftermarket. The trigger on mine is crying out for an aftermarket upgrade. Field stripping is not joyous, true, but you don't need to take it down to bits every time you shoot it. Just often enough to stay in practice ;)
    Buckmark- Nice guns if you like the feel of them. Look great.
    S&W 22a- IMHO they scream CHEAP, to me at least. Opinions vary of course.
    Sig Mosquito- See S&W 22a.

[​IMG]

8. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

^ +1 for the Ruger Mark III. My wife and I love shooting hers. It's the most accurate .22 Pistol I've ever shot.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i am a ruger fan, talked my buddy at work into getting a mark 3, but in my future i think a browning is what i buy, either way, ruger browning and walther you cant go wrong. ony reason i didnt buy a walther is its too small for my grip

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  10. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I like my Ruger MKIII 22/45 a whole lot,matches up to the size and feel of alot of centerfire pistols.

Attached Files:

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I like the Browning Buckmark over the Ruger MkII or MkIII.I have just never been able to adjust to the angle of the Ruger grips.
    Both brands are excellent pistols.
    +1 on the old High Standards-those pistols are great shooters.

If money is no object,a S&W 41 is probably the best semi-auto rimfire pistol ever made.But they are awful pricey!

[​IMG]

12. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

I love my S&W mdl. 41 BUT I also like my Ruger MKIII. I recommend the Ruger. Later if you want, there are a bunch of things you can do to upgrade it.