chokes

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by krisko09, Feb 1, 2013.

1. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Just picked up a used mossy 500a yesterday. Pretty happy about it, but it didn't come with any chokes. Anyone know where I can get the accuchokes or other that will fit a500 for a good price?

And any other suggestions for what to get for it would be appreciated

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Your options are close to endless. I find no reason for a choke. I have dropped pheasants at 30 yards with the slugger barrel and I have no issue shooting Skeet with the long barrel.

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

Make sure you don't shoot it without a choke in it because it will ruin the threads in the barrel

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

try MidwayUSA.com they carry chokes for most of the popular shotguns. prices are reasonable and shipping is fast as well. great customer service.

5. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Are you sure it's threaded for chokes? The 500 has been around a lot longer than choke tubes.

6. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Positive. Guy I got it from said it was the accuchokes system and its got modified on it right now, but he's lost the others over the course of time. Would like to start shooting Skeet and trap though

7. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Okay. WalMarts around here have some, as does Dicks, Cabelas, and Bass Pro. Go to Carlson's and check the interchange chart.

8. akers06

akers06 New Member

The older style Winchester and weatherby comes will fit it as well...but that modified will do ok shooting clays