Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, May 20, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, some of C. J. Grishams bunch carried long guns into a Chipotle restraunt in TX. Result: Chipotle banned carry in their restraunts. i know folks who, had they been in that restraunt, would have center punched that little freak when he came in with a gun at the ready.

Guys like these do serious damage to our cause.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27492193

i know folks who, had they been in that restraunt, would have center punched that little freak when he came in with his gun at the ready.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...-chipotle-to-ban-guns-after-open-carry-event/

2. indy36

indy36 New Member

It's the long guns out in the open. Scares the hell out of people. A few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Chipolte has not banned guns, they have asked people to not bring them in.

They are saying the same thing that Starbucks started off with, then the morons in our community(not firearmstalk but gun community in general) decided to double down and push Starbucks into a full ban nationwide.

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

And, folks are attacking the reporter who wrote the story for Forbes, so I investigated her a bit. She's a Columbia J-School Grad from Bermuda, and has worked in the UK(not surprised, a Country full of Holophobes) and as an Intern for Anderson Cooper...She is SUPPOSED to be reporting on Retail Trends, but it seems she has written several "Anti" stories....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Chipotle has been on my ban list from the jump, too anti-agriculture for me. I prefer my beef grain fed and I support the hog and poultry farmers.

I have been involved the care and feeding of animals ever since I was big enough to hold the steering wheel and keep the truck from running into trees, or cows, while my daddy pitched hay bales off the back.

Chipotle banning or disliking guns is a non-issue, I ain't gonna eat there.

6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Given that I don't frequent Chipotle or Starbucks, their no guns please (at least they are saying please, and not a flat out NO!) makes no nevermind to me personally. If I ever get the urge to check them out, they have a drive thru, so I can still carry without pizzing on their "Let's keep our employees and customers 'safe'" policy.

Once again some OC extremist jackazz (Not bashing OC, just the folks who think picking a fight is the way to win battle for our freedoms) has ruined it for the rest of us by stepping on his d!ck. :mad: He and his group need to be charged with disturbing the peace.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

No lost here, to many Mexican Resturants in the US anyway. Starbucks can keep their Mocha hocca, whatever you call them also.

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

If it bothered me I would just go elsewhere.

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I don't mind being asked "please". If I like and respect the establishment, I will do my best to respect their wishes, or go elsewhere. I would ignore a demand but not a polite request.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You can't conceal an AK or an AR so what's the point of an OPEN CARRY demonstration?

11. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

There is absolutely NO reason to carry a rifle of any kind in public. Heck, if I was eating in a restaurant and saw a couple of AR's walking thru the door, my first reaction might be to interpret that it's an Aurora, Colorado type of event. Heck, I might not even wait to get shot before I take the fools down!

Unfortunately, among our midst's (firearms owners/enthusiasts, that is) we have small factions of haters, white-supremists, bigots and downright a**holes. Anarchists and the like. They do us a lot of damage.

12. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Very true. You Rights do not absolve you from your Judgement.

13. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That's a shame. I rather liked Chipotle chicken tacos.

Guess I'll have to eat somewhere else now.

Oh well, leave it to the open carry dingbats to eff it up for the rest of us.

Why on earth you would want anyone to know you have a gun is beyond me. The police are forced to do what their departments require of them. I don't have that issue, so I choose to let people know I'm armed only when absolutely necessary (as in someone doing something that would cause them to have a gun pointed at them).

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really doubt the people of texas or any state for that matter are going to be comfortable with people hauling their long guns in their place of business. The manager of the local Chipotle should have said NO. This a restaurant not a gun shop. Those people must not be very bright if they think hauling a rifle around is going to get OC legalized in TX.

15. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I see that most people don't support the guys carrying long arms. While I think that they could have carried them in a better manner, such as on their backs, I think that what they did is fine. How can we say that we are supporters of the 2nd amendment and we don't want restrictions on it, then say that we shouldn't be allowed to open carry a AR-15. You guys are buying into the media's BS about these "assault weapons" being super dangerous. It is the PERSON not the FIREARM that causes destruction.

Personally, I would carry a AR-15 with me everywhere if it was legal where I am. AR-15's and other semi automatics are more effective at taking down a threat. Isn't that the point of carrying a firearm? Unfortunately, due to the laws in my state, I cannot open carry a rifle or a sidearm and I cannot conceal carry a firearm. I have very restricted 2nd amendment rights. The best I can do is keep my pistol in my glovebox and hope that the cop knows the law.

I support the 2nd amendment right out. If someone wants to carry a AR-15, go for it. The only reason people are afraid is because of what the media has done. The only way to change that is to open carry long guns and show people that the vast majority of gun owners are not going to shoot you in the streets.

Lastly, I know a lot of you guys are going to disagree with me. I would like to have a rational, calm conversation about the subject, not a bunch of pointless arguing ;)

16. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

and i think that means OPENLY.

17. hawkguy

why? :confused:

chipotle NEVER displayed a "no concelaed HG" sign anywhere i have been. they are NOT the enemy! its morons trying to make private businesses a battleground for politics.

chipotle didn't do anything wrong....though i wouldn't be surprised to see signage banning concealed carry after these guys pulled this! :mad:

common sense...it ain't so common anymore....

i'll keep eating at chipotle myself.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If we lose our ccw that we worked so hard for over the last 50 years, it will be because of the "macho-wannabe" open carry A**holes.

19. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

I have nothing against open carry, it's our right and am 100 percent for it. I do have a huge issues with the individuals that decide that they want to "exercise" this right and bait LE, with the clear objective to create a issue

20. hawkguy

honestly, i have nothing against open carry either....with some credible purpose.....

were these guys going to USE their guns in chipotle???? :confused:

its just grandstanding....and it hurts gun owners.