Chip McCormick mag questions

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by 2ndAmendmentFreedom, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Hey all,
    I was wondering which CMC mags are best suited for reliability and fail proof operation? They have their highly acclaimed Power Mags, Match Grade and Shooting Stars. Which ones should I go for if I were to carry my 1911 (.45) one day? I'm not sure if the advertised "higher tolerances" is any good.
    Link to their products:
    http://www.cmctactical.com/default.htm

I know that you guys have your own personal favorites like Wilson and Tripp but I'd like to hear about CMC. I'd really like the magazines to be blue or black to match the finish of my gun (if possible).

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Used all types for years but mainly the 'Shooting Star" -
    Never a problem with any, never noticed a difference between them :cool:

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Cmc shooting stars are the only mags i use in my 1911. Couldn't begin to tell you how many times mine have been loaded and emptied, but the springs are still like new and i've never had any problems with any of them.

4. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Great info guys. I currently have 2 Colt branded (Checkmate Industries) wadcutter 8rd mags and 2 Checkmate branded hybrid 8rd mags. I like them but one of the hybrids managed to misfeed the 4th round of ball ammo, the nose went up all the way against the feed ramp and the slide locked onto it.

Sounds like shooting stars is where it's at.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I run WC 8 rounders in my 4" Kimber Carry Piece with no issues but I am interested in the CMC 10 rounders, 2 of them for my back up mag pouch would give me 4 more rounds onboard.

Id like to know if anyone's used these extensively.

Tack

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not extensively but i have tryed one in mine & after 50 rds not a hiccup :)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Before you buy take a look at these:

10r45rg.jpg

Tripp Research Cobra Mags