Child abuse...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by anthonymartinez138, May 28, 2012.

1. anthonymartinez138

anthonymartinez138 New Member

Ur thoughts on it. Do you think people should still be punished even after the child has grown up?

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

huh?...hell yeah! If your talking about physical violations....not sure why that was asked without more explanation.

3. anthonymartinez138

Just tryin to get everyone input on it. it's the reason why I decided to go into law enforcement seeing as how no one was there to help me so I wanna help those kids who can't defend themselves

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Anyone who hurts kids or women should be punished. Seldom do people change for the better.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

There are many kinds of abuse. Child abusers should be punished harshly. Rapists should be killed. No if's and's or but's. Physical abusers should be locked up. Psychological abusers should be hospitalized. I am also a firm believer that every once in a while some kids need an a$$ whooping and the way things are set up they aren't getting them and that's a big problem with our up and coming generations.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I was a LEO for 10 years, unfortunately its not up to you. As a LEO you can only protect them temperarely, the states DHS is responsible for the rest. The bad thing is that ive seen kids be taken from their unsafe/unclean environments and then they go right back after a couple of days. I have also personally reported several households to DHS about unacceptable and filthy environments, and nothing was investigated. The most you can do as a LEO is too write the case, get the proper arrest warrants, and take the parents off of the streets for a while. After that its the states responsibility to do the right thing.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

If they're actually beating the child, then yes. If it was just an *** woopin, then no.

8. anthonymartinez138

I'm talking about putting their hands under hot water, strangling them and mentally abusing them

9. anthonymartinez138

I just hope I can help one kid :/ if I can then everything I've done and worked hard for was worth it

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

In that case, put them in jail. If possible, make sure their cell mate is the biggest, meanest guy in the prison. ;)

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

People like that shouldn't be allowed to have kids! If they do have them, they should be taken away for ever.

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

There should be no statute of limitations on that sort of abuse, IMO. I do have a problem with some bureaucrats' definition of abuse & they usually cause more harm than good in those cases.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

My parents are in the foster care system. It's sad, seeing some of the children they get. They had one little girl, about the age of my son, who had cigarette burns all over her arms, legs, genitals, and the bottoms of her feet. My step Dad would get so mad thinking about it that he could barely even look at the poor kid until they all healed.
    People who abuse children in such a way deserve a medieval punishment.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

There is a special place in hell for people that abuse children

15. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Beautifully well put. What I don't agree with is killing child rapists. That's too nice for people like that.

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes those people should still be punished.

I'm glad to see you channeling your energy in a positive direction. I know someone that is in social services, he works for a county agency but is employed by the state, idk. Anywho, he specializes in children's services and sees this on a rugular basis. He has since adopted abused kids.

If any one thinks this doesn't happen much because it isn't on the news much, think again. It's all around, and the current punitive system encourages it.

17. LionHairedFlint

LionHairedFlint New Member

Might as well have posted this response myself... Agreed, beautifully stated.

18. LionHairedFlint

Understood..

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

The last folks that should be involved in investigating child abuse cases are ones with a personal agenda. Lots of people get wrongly put in jeopardy because of the blinders of personal agendas and axes to grind and vendettas.

When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem is a nail

20. LionHairedFlint

Just because you have personal exposure does not mean you have a personal agenda..sometimes ( and more often than not) those that have been exposed personally can help the next victim the most...