Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOOD NEWS!

CFO Jimmy Patronis: Florida Will Act Against Credit Card Companies Who Target the 2nd Amendment

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis issued a statement following recent media reports that credit card companies are going to start tracking gun and ammunition sales. The reports state that major credit card companies such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express have decided to apply a new sales code to distinguish firearm purchases at U.S. gun stores. Additionally, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals recently ruled on a Texas bill (NetChoice V. Ken Paxton), establishing that major corporations, including banking institutions, do not have a right to limit American’s constitutional rights.
CFO Jimmy Patronis said, “The second amendment is foundational to our American way of life. The idea that law-abiding Americans would be put on some kind of corporate watchlist is disturbing. Our rights come from our Creator, not the government, and especially not big corporations. It is clear that the actions by these credit card companies are part of a larger effort to curtail God-given constitutional rights of Americans. It is also symptomatic of the virus known as ESG, which is part of a global effort to socially re-engineer the country that we love so much. There is no way we are going to allow that to happen in the free state of Florida.
“If we come to the legislative session and companies like Visa, Mastercard and American Express are generating these reports to create a chilling effect against the purchase of firearms, then I’ll work with the Legislature to pass a law penalizing business who are targeting the right to bear arms. We’ve seen a groundbreaking ruling come out of the Fifth Circuit limiting corporations’ ability to curtail American’s constitutional rights, so we are on solid legal footing to pursue a bill protecting Floridians 2nd Amendment Rights. We can also take it a step further by barring these companies from doing any business with the State of Florida. We will send a message out to these large corporations that if you are interested in doing business with Florida, you need to make sure that you’re protecting Floridians right to arm and defend themselves.”
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Sniper03, I read about this too. DeSantis is a leader, a strong leader. He will stand up for The Constitution and isn't afraid to fight. Isn't it interesting that none of these corporations are leaving the U.S. for other countries? Grandma would have called that "wanting your cake while eating it too." This isn't politics, it's common sense and about freedom as stated in our Constitution. I learned this in my first civics class. Apparently, it isn't taught any longer.

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes,
That is one reason I moved to Tennessee some 19 years ago! However, sometimes it gets hot here with high humidity at times in the Summer.
IMO that is why God created air conditioning. ;) But the winters are normally much milder than Indiana winters.
If we have a bad winter of maybe 4-6 inches and some black ice which is rare where we live. But it is all gone in a couple of days, And very rarely do we get a Zero day, mostly in the 20s in the winter,
In Indiana in the winter, we had a lot of snow, snow drifts, ice and cold. In fact, one winter night when I was Shift Commander on the Metro PD, we had snow and ice on the ground and the wind chill was equal to 42 below zero. This deep cold was not normal even in Indiana. But a whole lot of Zero and below temp days and nights,
I will never forget that wind chill night at 42 wind chill night!
I told the officers do your drive by's on businesses and look for any damaged break-ins. But you need not get out and do door checks as normal, It's too D*** cold for criminals tonight. Just look for people who might be stranded possibly coming home from work. Load them up and take them to a 24-hour restaurant or take them home if they live in the city or to a warm place!
No, I do not miss the Indiana winters! I will gladly tolerate the hot summer days in Tennessee! (y)

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I swam laps in a "lap pool" (very cool water) yesterday afternoon, and I sweat quite a bit measured by the amount of water I craved when i got home. We were meant to sweat....or the result can be death. Not replenishing can mean the same end result. Our creator was a pretty good engineer except for a few rejects. Oops, who am I to judge? Oops again, He gave me a brain to use..... 😊. Methinks there might not be any perfect weather.

·
Registered
STG-58
46 Posts
I just wish that more gun owners and gun-oriented businesses would take a stand against anti-2nd amendment companies. If everyone did, we'd be in a far better position towards fending off attacks on our constitutional rights..

Parts of the problem is that news like this seldom reaches everyone in the gun community because the MSM avoids reporting on any of this. Thanks for posting on this and getting the word out.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I just wish that more gun owners and gun-oriented businesses would take a stand against anti-2nd amendment companies. If everyone did, we'd be in a far better position towards fending off attacks on our constitutional rights..

Parts of the problem is that news like this seldom reaches everyone in the gun community because the MSM avoids reporting on any of this. Thanks for posting on this and getting the word out.
You and me both on your first statement.

Gun owners are anything but a strong organized group of people today. The NRA, at one time had strength and credibility. Today, it doesn't. They are disdained by millions of ex-members. This comes from Wayne La Pierre's lack of credibility and too many other personal issues to go into. The NRA has proven that he is there to stay or he would be gone by now so there will be nothing to hope for there. Perhaps the best thing for all its' ex-members is to suck it up and re-join since the other games in town just aren't growing very fast (it seems) no matter what their credibility may be. They don't lobby well either, if at all. I'm sure I'll be slammed for that idea but it is what it is and the NRA is not going to grow as long as La Pierre is there. Regardless of feelings, there is strength in numbers. The left used to fear the NRA. The drop in membership nixed that. I am not a member but have considered re-joining for the past few months while throwing away the mountains of junk mail they send members. I would be one more member and that's it. I'm not a "joiner" so the other organizations and their lack of influence won't see me as a member.

Given that current estimates have been published at 400 million+ guns in private hands (the real number is much higher), gun owners have missed the boat and have no strength in their numbers. This is just food for thought and some opinions. I have the same wish as CCordero. It's a shame we have lost our strength. One forum won't get it back. Over and out.

·
Registered
STG-58
46 Posts
I am not a member but have considered re-joining for the past few months while throwing away the mountains of junk mail they send members. I would be one more member and that's it. I'm not a "joiner" so the other organizations and their lack of influence won't see me as a member.
I gotta laugh! Back when I was in the NRA, I hated having to travel for work and come back to my tiny little mailbox over-stuffed with mail - too much of it from them. I requested to opt out of their mailings without any luck. Had an NRA rep ask me what it would take to get me to re-join. I said if they offed a membership where they agreed to let me go "paperless", I was in...

All I got from the rep was a dumb look and his comment that wasn't going to be happening anytime soon. I gave him a smile and a crisp nod, and moved on.

Anyways, once I get fully moved into my place in Idaho I plan to re-join. I can have a huge mailbox there and will also be heating with a wood stove - so they can send me all the paper they want.. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
To me, a little mail is called for in the course of needed communication. Beyond that, the money spent on mail is money not spent on the mission of training, education and lobbying for gun owners and other positive uses of member dues. In summary, they are where they are due to fiscal irresponsibility. Ex, and current members are not oblivious to this. Not all of them.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I gotta laugh! Back when I was in the NRA, I hated having to travel for work and come back to my tiny little mailbox over-stuffed with mail - too much of it from them. I requested to opt out of their mailings without any luck. Had an NRA rep ask me what it would take to get me to re-join. I said if they offed a membership where they agreed to let me go "paperless", I was in...

All I got from the rep was a dumb look and his comment that wasn't going to be happening anytime soon. I gave him a smile and a crisp nod, and moved on.

Anyways, once I get fully moved into my place in Idaho I plan to re-join. I can have a huge mailbox there and will also be heating with a wood stove - so they can send me all the paper they want.. :ROFLMAO:
I gotta laugh too. I called them and asked to be taken off their mail list. The woman was non-commital, they kept mailing and now I'm an ex-member. If they don't care, I don't either and I finally got enough of it along with their CEO's poor leadership. He's a mess they have proven they don't or can't get rid of.

·
Registered
STG-58
46 Posts
To me, a little mail is called for in the course of needed communication.
I agree with that in principal. When I spoke with the NRA rep, I suggested that they put these notices into the magazine you get from them every month.

I would rather have a slightly thicker magazine just to get everything all in a single mailing each month. It would also save the NRA some money in the long run too.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I agree with that in principal. When I spoke with the NRA rep, I suggested that they put these notices into the magazine you get from them every month.

I would rather have a slightly thicker magazine just to get everything all in a single mailing each month. It would also save the NRA some money in the long run too.
I do business with a printer and part of his product is junk mail. He says the model is that if only 1% of recipients act on it, it's considered worthwhile. I can't prove that though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts