Chicago - Veteran with CCW returned fire

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by danf_fl, Jul 7, 2014.

1. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

What is wrong with people? Get pissed and start shooting because someone took a bottle of booze of their car that you placed there. Really? I just don't understand the logic, really lack thereof, of the lowest scum in this country.

2. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Good for him, and great aim! Hopefully the lady he was with makes a full and speedy recovery.

3. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Mayor Rahm probably wants to prosecute the Vet. Probably at least charge him with littering for the empty shells if the firearm was a semi-auto.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

That's what to many drugs can do to a normal mind . Turns into a worthless human waste.

5. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I've been watching the news here in Chicago. Lots about the 70+ shootings with 14 dead over the long holiday. The idiot police chief says we need more gun laws. The shooting must stop etc.
    Not once have I seen a mention of this incident where concealed carry has saved lives. It is what I expect here, so I was not surprised. :mad::mad:

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree. I heard of the shootings but not this story.

The people of Chicago will take back their city one concealed carry person at a time. It's a slow start but I believe this is what is going to reclaim the city for the good and honest people.

Keep up the good work, citizens of Chicago.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay, so the city known for its strict gun laws has problems with guns and want the rest of the US to be bridled with their non-working gun laws?

And they call on the news medium (called as that because it is not rare or done well) to say we need more gun laws?

I know I had my coffee this morning and can see that the fix of more gun laws is not going to fix that problem.

8. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

ignorance chiming in here.....

BUT...what does it take to get a CCW in chicago? wasn't this the city that didn't even want citizens to have pistols or even allow gun sales in the city limits? or i am getting mixedup w/DC here? :p

i thought you likely has to be rich, conncected, or a politician to get a CCW in chitcago. :confused:

9. winds-of-change

You need to take a class...about 16 hours and show proficiency with a firearm. You also need to have a clean record. It is now an Illinois Law that CCW permits will be given out. If denied, an explanation must be given.

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the city hasn't made murder illegal. As soon as they do that, the shootings will stop.

11. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

ok, thanks for the info. is this fairly new?

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Last year I believe... Winds is from around there and probably knows the exact date.

13. winds-of-change

Yes. Very new. About 6 months.