Chicago has something to be proud of

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by winds-of-change, Aug 25, 2014.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The Jackie Robinson West Little League team went all the way to the finals in the Little League World Series competition. These kids handled themselves very well, were great sports when they lost and were humble when they won. They posed for pictures, signed autographs and in general had a lot of good, clean fun. The State of Illinois are proud of these young athletes. May they all have great success in their lives. And let them be an example to other kids their age. They won the US Championship but lost to South Korea for International title.

And after losing to South Korea, all the kids from both teams hung out together in the hotel even though they couldn't speak each other's language.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/tag/little-league-world-series/

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Winds, I agree. I was very happy with their sportsmanship. I am not a baseball watcher, but I was rooting for them. A good thing for Chicago, and a small ray of hope.

3. Jimski

Jimski Member

It's really nice to see kids from the city accomplishing something positive like this. I'm really proud of them and look forward to watching the parade for them on Wednesday.

4. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Great experience for those kids. Kudos to the coaches who allow/encourage good sportsmanship. That's pretty rare these days!

5. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

you know next year, they will ring s. korea's bell.

6. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

That's not surprising, the wife and I got along much better before she learned English. :D

7. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

yeah...that never seems to end well.