Chiappa Rhino

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by BullseyePrecision, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Anyone own or shot a rhino? I'm thinking about getting one. Any pros or cons you have found or noticed?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I noticed quick it was much more ugly than than a AMC Pacer but i hear they work :)

3. nixfix

nixfix New Member

I've shot a rental at my range. Very smooth shooter, the recoil feels different because it just pushes straight back, so there is little muzzle rise. BUT it is so ugly, I don't think I'll ever own one. You should at least look at one in person. Also, KYGun has several blemished ones in their used gun section right now, in case you do decide to get one.

4. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

I've looked at them in person and they are badass!

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Just like the Judge, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've seen them in person and I think they are ugly. I would like to shoot one though. I think i is an interesting design innovation but nothing about the gun has eye appeal.

6. Transman

Transman New Member

I've got a 6" Rhino that I use regularly for pin shooting,A very fast,smooth shootin revolver.It has virtually no muzzle flip,recoil drives it straight back.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

I've never even seen one in person. But I watched Jerry Miculek's YouTube video on it. He says it has a crazy different grip angle. I'd like to hold me and see for myself, but I definitely like how my S&W 66 feels in my hand.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Weird, but cool, all at once ;)

I love the funky rail that comes to a point...useful as a hand-to-hand weapon if you get caught short after unloading it the fun way :D

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

There's a second way to unload the gun? :confused: I do like the fun way. :cool:

10. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang New Member

I just saw one for the 1st time. Pretty wicked looking.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I don't know I kinda like the idea of it I've been wanting to shoot one just to see how it shoots. But for the money I can't see me spending that much for a revolver I've been down to the keenes (kygunco) they look like they would be fun to shoot but I don't think I'll ever drop that much cash for one.

The reason I call it keenes is I've been going there since they were in the small shop and old man keene still owned the place.

12. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

You're absolutely right about the Pacer...my dad had one. Looked like a fishbowl on wheels:). Regards Dick

13. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang New Member

Ouch, didn't realize they were so much $.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

While the concept for the gun was right the manufacturing was off. They get terrible ratings and IMO are over priced.
    Feel free to spend the money and prove me wrong, I'm always open to unbiased owner reports.

15. PappaJim

PappaJim New Member

I can't fore see spending that kind of money on one but I will admit it is an interesting idea in an ugly wrapper. I think I would like to shoot one at least once.

16. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

The one awesome thing about the AMC's of that era were the seats...
    I snarfed a set from a Pacer & stuck 'em in my '72 Plymouth Duster...

NOTE: when switching from Bench to Bucket, make sure you don't drill thru the gas line...
    the Dodge Demon/Plymouth Duster gas line runs right under where the left side passenger seat bracket goes...
    fortunately I didn't fry my car...but it sure scared the beejebers out of me ;)

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Can you elaborate?

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Fine firearms are like great horses beautiful bird dogs and sexy women. They are classics and will long be remembered for their uniqueness. Firearms that have an ugly clumsy appearance will fail in the market place. The Dardic Pistol firing trounds{yes Trounds} was the answer to recoil control and reloading in the 1960s. How many shooters today have ever heard of it?:confused:

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I don't think recoil was one of the things Dardick was trying to address. I thought it was simply reloading.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Well you were not around in the early 1960s or you have forgotten the principles claimed by the company. There were many new now lost improvements in firearms prior to 1968. :cool: