Checking Out

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Points have been made in the Carradine thread that warrant a philosophical discussion.

Since we are loaded with the learned, the warriors, and the perverts, I ask:

If you could choose your death, how would you go out, and why?

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Massive heart attack while pleasuring ALL of the Victoria's Secret models. :cool:

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Battlefield. Swords.

I've seen how merciless old age is. I'll die young and stay pretty, as soon as I can find a war. With swords.:cool:

4. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I prefer to be raptured while walking a trail with my wife.

Bob Wright

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Having just had my second close encounter with the Gravelings, I am going to refrain from tempting Fate any further on this topic.

The two ways I would NOT like to go are as follows:

1) A backwards rolling boom truck ride before being thrown into a 12.5kVa "hot" power line resulting in body contact.

2) Blood Poisoning resulting in hospitalization/surgery in the Cayman Islands....

:eek::eek:

JD

6. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Reckon I dont really care how I go, When it is my time it is my time, no matter what I am doing at the time

7. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

something quick and painless or painful....as long as its quick.

8. propex

propex New Member

Quick and no regrets:)

9. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Slowly. I have to have time to say goodbye :(. I don't care about the pain.

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

My grandma went slowly and wasted away mentally.

My mom went slowly and wasted away physically.

If I find myself in either of those situations, I'll be going out with a bang.

11. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

I didn't mean slowly like YEARS I meant like shot in a place where they know I am going to die of something or other and I have like 4 days in a hospital :) I want to die young :)

12. AdAstra2009

AdAstra2009 New Member

2 in the chest 1 in the head.

13. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

If I were to off myself, it would be through a massive heroin overdose.

Otherwise, I'd prefer to go quietly in my sleep.

14. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Old age, really old age. Life's too sweet and precious.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

However, whenever or wherever, I hope it's quick and painless with my self dignity and personal integrity intact and satisfaction that I have accomplished all that I have wanted out of life. Oh yea, and a big ass smile on my face. :D

16. user4

user4 New Member

I'm not entirely sure I'm going to die, but if it's a foregone conclusion that I must die, I'd choose something painless for my family to have to endure.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Benning, you'll have to ask the fine folks in our Government. Seeing as they know best how I should be living my life they must surely know how I should go out. :rolleyes:

FWIW - when I am gone I want an old fashion Pagan farewell. Lots of music, singing and dancing, lots of food and beer, some Celtic games and a big ass bonfire with me sitting on top. ;)

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

There can be only one. I am the Highlander I will never die. If I do it will be 300 years from now at the hands another immortal.

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I just hope that I retain all my faculties, however I go. My dad died of pneumonia in a nursing home after suffering from Alzheimers for years. In the end he couldn't feed himself, toilet himself and he had forgotten who I was...luckily i still think he knew who my mother was. In the end you just end up infant-like & utterly dependent. He also had periods of intense fear as he didn't know where he was which must have been personally terrifying...a terrible thing to see for someone who was always so capable, and had survived fighting thru Burma in WW2 :(

Don't want to go that way, with so much indignity.

20. WDB

WDB New Member

Truly old and pass in sleep
    Or
    Truly fast (150 mph+) in a muscle car.

Either way with a smile on my face