Check this out i bought this today i like it alot

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by bigdaddyjeff, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

image-631061166.jpg

Brand new american classic

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Very nice looking 1911... But I've never heard of Metro Arms? What do you know about them?

3. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Metro is a phillipine gun maker that I believe belongs to armscor. Like RIA.

4. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

To be honest man i went to the store held it and fell in love with it. It is a smooth feeling gun and everything fits together very well. I have not shot it yet but so far it feels like its gunna be a good gun. I will update after i fire it tomorrow or monday. All of the reviews say that it is a fantastic firearm.

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Looks nice.

I am confused because so many people call armscor phillipine. and I am sure its true, but what ever happend to Armscor of South Africa?
    They built tons of quality rifles and pistols back in the day for the South african armed forces and civilans too, are they still selling?

6. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

I do not know about all that im trying to learn about it. There is alot of info on all that you will have to let jstrong tell you about it. I do know that so far this gun is sweet and well machined.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

MetroArms is the company that makes the American Classic line of 1911's. they are made in the Phillipines just like the Armscor RIA 1911's. they are two different companies. they both just happen to be in the Phillipines.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. We demand a range report with many photographs!

9. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

Ok cool I will lock that in. Do you have any other opinions or experiences with these.

10. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

Thank you i plan on going to the range either tomorrow or monday. I will be getting back with every one on that

11. Axxe55

nice looking pistol Jeff! and a range report with many photos is mandatory!:D

i have had two of the American Classics, the first a Government model in blued steel and now a Commander, that was hard chrome. very well made pistols, and decently accurate. if you like 1911's, i seriously doubt you will be disappointed with it. i have been very pleased with mine so far.

12. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

Thanks alot and i will let everyone in on my experience.

13. Axxe55

Jeff i did a thread on mine a few months ago. AC Commander with modifications. undercut the triggerguard, countersunk the slide release pin hole on the RH frame side, recontoured the beavertail grip safety, did a carry bevel, replaced the slide release, replaced the thumb safety with an extended one, bead blasted the chrome finish off and refinished with blueing, new hex head grip screws and spalted persimmon grips.

some before and after pictures.

Attached Files:

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

Congrats!!!!!!

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  16. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

Ok cool thanks for all the opinions i will let yall know about the range today or monday.

17. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

image-340436250.jpg

The gun handle amazing no problems out of it the first time. This is a great out of a hundred rounds i had two flyers. This gun is a good buy i dont regret it at all. The only problem i can see is that when the bullets eject they go straight up and over your head. I did not have any in the face but they all went up and over. Over all i am extremely happy with this buy.

18. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

If it is shoots and works as good as the Rock Island 1911, then it is a great gun.

19. Axxe55

very nice shooting for your first time with it! :D

20. bigdaddyjeff

bigdaddyjeff New Member

Thanks buddy i was so nervous something was gunna go wrong but it didnt. The gun handled really well i will say though, all the way up until the second mag i was terrified.