check out my gun collection

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by die4entertainment, Jun 27, 2011.

1. die4entertainment

die4entertainment New Member

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the FTF. We have an "Introductions" area that can be used to promote yourself (if you're an individual) or a "Vendors" area if you are a vendor.

But, this form of presentation does not impress me.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That is not a collection, no rhyme or reason. Collections are about a specific arm/model, or era. Even arms progression! BTW, I really like when you point the muzzle of the pistol at the camera you were holding. Great idea. Not saying you don't have a few decent firearms, but be humble. Self gratuitous is lame.

My Name is JP, I am an anal *****!

4. die4entertainment

I agree it is not really a collection , just wanted to make a video for my channel showing some of my guns. And about pointing the gun, I tripled checked the guns before shooting to make sure they were all unloaded and I never put my finger on the trigger

5. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Pay no attention to JP. He didn't have his meds...

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Still not a good practice. Best of luck, JP

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

For what it's worth, it's a "magazine," not a "clip." Using this term will make you sound more educated.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

[​IMG]

I thought I was the only one here?? :eek:

Sure is nice to have some damn company. :D :cool:

9. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yep, that has always irritated me along with the term "assault rifles."

For reference....

[​IMG]

10. die4entertainment

Thanks I actually did not know this. English was not my first language, and I always thought clip was slang for magazine.

11. Polygon

Polygon New Member

No worries, glad to help. It actually is a slang term for magazine. Most people aren't aware of what a clip really is. I've had to correct quite a few people. A lot of them are even big into guns.

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

No...I am a JP as well...:D

13. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

wow, what a beat down thread. You guys really gave it to the OP.

Reminds me of a 1950's film. It was re-done in the late 2000. The Military and Government stake out a neighborhood. Their goal is to see what would happen if something happened out of the ordinary.

Before the test can become a reality, the entire block loses power. 1 house somehow has power and the people tracking the neighborhood have no ideal why. Well the people of the house with the lights on are not home. One guy notices they are not rallied with the other block people. Everyone starts to head over to the house with lights. By now someone has everyone convinced that it's their doing. By now the owners are driving up and wonder what the hell is going on. as they get out of their car they are forced to rush inside.

Now everyone is so worked up that they burn down the house and the people that live in it. Turns out it was a simple grid failure.

Moral of the story, "the MOB Rules". Kinda of like this thread.

OP, usally the people here are really nice. Once in a while they can get a bit self righteous as you can see but hang in there. lots of good info here.

14. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Comparing Hollywood to reality..... not the best of practices.

15. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

You just re-forced my point. Oh well. We ain't mad at you.

But who said it was Hollywood??? I never did and it's my story. You actually think in Cold War paranoid America 1950 something like this didn't happen??

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

"Are you talking to me?" :confused:

[​IMG]

17. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I didn't re-enforce anything. I was simply making an observation. You're the one that seems to have taken it personally on some level.

As for Hollywood, you said FILM, so I assumed you were talking about a movie. As for assumptions, no, I don't assume something like that happened during the cold war. However, I've seen it happen MANY times in Hollywood movies and television shows. I base my perceptions off fact. Not hearsay and anecdotal stories.

Have any proof it happened? Then I would believe it.

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

WOW I see some members giving some constructive criticism and one person who thinks they know it all.

Did you not type that in to the post?

Really could have fooled me. I see "Film" used as you used it. I first think about Hollywood. Where the most movie production is at for the USA.

I agree with JP and the firearm pointing.

I don't care if I just watched 3 people do a functions check and clear a firearm. I will do the same as soon as it hits my hands.

If you treat your firearms with respect they will not hurt you.

If you don't believe me then please visit this site and read and look at the pictures.

Negligent, not accidental discharge and the resulting gunshot wounds

Again ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!!! If you think they are not just ask this DEA agent.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pf3ID3XQ6o[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  19. colmustard

colmustard New Member

To the OP: welcome to the forum. We are not always this quick to jump on someone, so my appologies. As far as the video goes, and this is just my humble oppinon, you displayed a nice collection of your firearms with info to go along with it. It seems you enjoy the shooting sports and believe in the second ammendment. If I may add some constuctive critisim, the gangsta rap at the begining of the video, may put off a bad image of gun owners ( I know this shouldnt matter) But lets face it the liberal media already portrays gun owners as either a dumb red neck or a urban gangster thug, and we need to do as much as possible to remove those sterotypes and show that gun owners are ressponsible citizens. Second for your next video (if you plan another) maybe have a script for you to read with more info on the firearms, and this also will help inform those who are ignorant of firearms and make the video roll much more smoothly.

To the forum members who jumped on his back: What gives! He is new here, yes we can be jerks at time, but after watching the video I felt no need to be mean to the OP, we can give instruction,education and advise in many ways much better than yelling at him or her. Its ok to point out flaws, but when doing so, also point out how to fix them.