Check It Out

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by cottontop, Aug 6, 2013.

1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Is anyone here a member of The Liberal Gun Club besides me? Check it out. It is a pretty cool organization.
    www.theliberalgunclub.com

ct

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

No. But I'll take all of the allies that I can get on this issue.

I guess I never have understood how most liberals, who are the self proclaimed world's greatest champions of freedom and rights can be anti-gun!:confused::confused:

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

As long as they don't vote for antigun/anti rights politicians, I don't care what they call themselves. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I know lots of liberals, and I have lots of liberal friends who own guns, shoot guns, have guns for HD, hunt with guns, and are pro gun. I also have lots of teacher friends (being a retired teacher myself) who are also members of "the dreaded teacher's union," who are very pro gun. Gun owners and gun enthusiasts can come from any walk of life.
    ct

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This is "Shotgun" Barry. Barry is the founder of the Liberal Gun Owners of America. This is truly an organization that supports the Brady Campaign and Mayor Bloombergs Mayors for Gun control. Gees look how great a Liberal handles a firearm? What class. He is the future of Olympic shooting material. :eek:

Attached Files:

6. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21528

No offense to you but after reading 1 thread they seem like angry anti-god/atheists. I don't associate with these kind of people.
    They don't seem very bright either, this guy is pro gun and believes in god. I don't get how the statement he made makes him an idiot.
    The guy is fighting for our right and that's all that matters IMO, if they are truly pro gun then they would be happy he's fighting for our rights and not call him an idiot based on his religious beliefs... I thought liberals were open minded and accepting, the comments they are making sound the compete opposite.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  7. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Na beastmode, liberals are open minded and accepting of viewpoints that they agree with and demand that you be tolerant of whatever whackjob idea they just made up that they are accepting of. If you don't tolerate and blindly accept as fact every whim they have then you are an intolerant backwood boob unworthy of their open minded intellectually superior masterful evolved advanced personal acceptance into their benevolent tolerant world view.
    I think that covers it.

8. cottontop

cottontop Guest

No, that's a different organization. The one I am talking about is The Liberal Gun Club.
    ct

9. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Wow! Over 100 views and no fellow members. That's a shame.
    ct

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I would be disowned by my family if I ever joined any liberal organization. I couldn't bring that kind of shame upon my family's good conservative name.

11. cottontop

cottontop Guest

There is nothing shameful about it. Did you go to the site and read about it? They accept everybody from all walks of life; i.e., liberals, conservatives, republicans, democrats, libertarians, it doesn't matter. They just don't look at guns and gun ownership with a political slant.
    ct

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm Agnostic, long ago quit the hypocracy that pervades all levels of organized religion, and by both of us belonging to this Forum, you are associating with "these kind of people". Get over it.:cool:

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

You might want to go reread his post. He said ANGRY ANTI GOD atheists. There's a BIG difference between simply being atheist or agnostic, and being an *** that bashes religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God.

Unless you bash religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God, he probably wasn't referring to you.

14. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It struck a nerve.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I guess I just can't fathom "pro gun/pro 2A" people who I feel their ideology is anti freedom because I can't agree with their political views.

Don't view guns in a political slant? Sounds like a cop out to me, considering liberal politicians (and all too often, conservatives too) are always trying to pass legislation against them.

Kinda reminds me of the guys my mom works with in the coal mine who voted for Obama because they share skin tones, even though he's on record as being anti coal power.

Is this a regular thing with some people? Trying to vote away your jobs and freedoms? I swear I just don't get it.

16. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

NRA only here.

They aren't perfect, but better than the rest.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i believe in the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd, and hold to the thought, freedom of religion, or the lack of if that's your choice. i will respect and defend your right to not believe in God or a higher being if that's your choice.

but when someone wants to lump me into a group they feel is brainwashed or stupid, because i do believe in God, well that's going a bit far. i personally do not feel morally superior to those who choose not to believe in God, and i feel they should respect others as the same. i do not agree with your beliefs, but i will respect it and defend it if it came to that point. i only hope that it's a two way street.