cheapest most accurate .22 pistol

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Voltron, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Voltron

Voltron New Member

What is the cheapest most accurate .22 pistol?

2. csteinman

csteinman New Member

not a big selection of .22 pistols really...

get a browning buck mark or ruger mkII or mkIII

they're reliable and accurate. the p22 by walther looks cool and stuff, but i've just heard a lot of bad reviews about it in that it's ammo finicky and such... if you do decide to get a p22 make sure you get one that have an L mark or better in the serial number on the gun, and the mags have an A in the serial number. the earlier makes had very common issues with FTF and FTE

3. deadin

deadin New Member

Which do you want, the cheapest accurate 22 or the most accurate cheap 22?:D

4. Diehart

Diehart New Member

Cheap + Good = Beretta Neos U22

5. csteinman

csteinman New Member

i've heard good things about them, but i can't get over the fact i'd feel like i was on star trek or the matrix. of course, there's nothing wrong with either star trek or the matrix, i'm just not sure i belong there. :p

6. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

I have both the Buck Mark and Mark III. The Mark III has a Nikon scope 2.5 x 8. It's great for bench shooting. I put 100 rounds in the size of a 50 cent piece. I have found that there are just some bullets it doesn't like. The Browning is great for plinking the gong at just about any distance. I just wish there was a quick release for the scope on my Mark III so I could shoot it either way. Scopes are a little hard to hold still freehand.

7. longshot

longshot New Member

Take a look at the Heritage line. There isn't much for variety but the price is right.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

cheap .22 pistol

Look at the ruger mk 2 or mk 3 22/45 standard as they run appox 200 retail new.

9. rev-arb

rev-arb New Member

+1 Ruger is the way to go.

10. hexidismal

hexidismal New Member

I just recently posted a thread (and my first post here on this forum) with my complete Beretta Neos tuning guide. If you're willing and able to do the work , you can have a gun with a better action than anything you can buy off the shelf for the low price of the neos.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12488

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

good cheap .22

I really don't see how in the world that anything this side of a S&W model 41 can even touch a good ruger mk2 or mk3. These pistols are in my opinion(gunsmith of 26+ years and ex competition shooter),the best .22 semiauto on the market. Some people cry about takedown/reassembly and trigger pull but these things are very easy to fix.

12. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

When you ask these kinds of questions, you will get replies where we tell you all about the guns we own, or wish we owned.

With guns, you get what you pay for. Go cheap if you wish, but don't expect much.

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have a basic Buckmark ($249 NIB) and a Walther P22 and both are accurate and fun to shoot. For the long term I'd give the nod to the Buckmark as it's built like a tank...

14. Gunnutz13

Gunnutz13 New Member

My 2 cents...

My Buckmark ( w/ red dot scope and 5 magazines ) cost me $175 used...and is a real tackdriver.

Attached Files:

15. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Are you looking for a semi-auto or are you looking at a revolver? I had a rough rider in 22 22mag and i loved it I would carry it arount the yard with me all the time and just plink when i felt like it. I even took a few bushy tails with it. so its accurate. I have also herd great things about the ruger single sixes.